Front license plate mount - what do you use?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Another Sto-n-Sho here, works great, easy to pop off when needed.

Porsche Taycan Front license plate mount - what do you use? IMG_2681
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They had a Taycan for some time and removed, not sure why. But if you message them, they will confirm. I saw somewhere in there site that some cars aren't listed, but they have, so reach out if you don't see one.
I called Carbonio today and they said they definitely don't have one for the Taycan. They even forwarded me to the engineering department and put me in touch with the engineer who suspected you used a "glue on" mount designed for the 911 turbo? Is that correct?

Would you be able to post a pic of the back end (business end) of the mount? It obviously works well whatever mount you have and I'd like to get the same.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It doesn’t in my case, but you need to take the position of the sensors into account when mounting the license plate.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I called Carbonio today and they said they definitely don't have one for the Taycan. They even forwarded me to the engineering department and put me in touch with the engineer who suspected you used a "glue on" mount designed for the 911 turbo? Is that correct?

Would you be able to post a pic of the back end (business end) of the mount? It obviously works well whatever mount you have and I'd like to get the same.
They had it on their site for a while as Taycan, but then they removed, so I imagine they should know which would be the best match.

Look at my order attached here

Porsche Taycan Front license plate mount - what do you use? Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.10.19 AM

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
In Hawaii a front license plate is required as well but for reason according to my SA there's a un written agreement that Porsche's are exempt from having a front plate. There are some owners that have put the front plate on but I would say over 90% don't. I never put one on with the previous Porsche's' I've owned with not issues with cops and I've been stopped for speeding. Unless CT is hardcore about the front license plate, I'd look around and see if more Porsche's than not are doing the same.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They had it on their site for a while as Taycan, but then they removed, so I imagine they should know which would be the best match.

Look at my order attached here

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.10.19 AM.png
Thanks Andre. Do you have an order number? I spoke to them again and they're adamant they have never sold a mount for the taycan haha. Probably new hires and they don't know what was sold before?

Alternatively if you can post a pic of the mount I'm sure theyll be able to identify it as well. Thanks so much!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I use No Plate. It’s inexpensive, simple to install, and you can’t even tell the plate is there.
If pulled over, one can simply explain to the officer that the Germans did not provide the front mount with the car because they were being made in Ukraine. Then start muttering some harsh words about Putin, communists, Kim Jong-un, Somali pirates, etc. and you should get a free pass.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If pulled over, one can simply explain to the officer that the Germans did not provide the front mount with the car because they were being made in Ukraine. Then start muttering some harsh words about Putin, communists, Kim Jong-un, Somali pirates, etc. and you should get a free pass.
not in california - when taking delivery of the vehicle most dealers make you sign a disclosure that
  1. california requires a front plate
  2. porsche provides a front plate mount at no charge
  3. you personally are liable for any fines/penalties if you choose not to mount your front plate
most Police officers I've encountered aware of this.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you post what that looks like?

Did you get the fixit because they stopped you for something else, or did they stop your for just this, or just ticket you while you were parked?
I'll post picture shortly

1st time I was parked
2nd time pulled over on 280 hWy north on my way to San Francisco for lack of front plate - no other issue

if you don't "fix" it, it is a $320 "fine" - $25 fine w/inspection - inspection requires a DMV visit or Police offer to sign off on the fix - I've given in because I value my time more than I value my front bumper not be molested…and sticker is removable…

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
not in california - when taking delivery of the vehicle most dealers make you sign a disclosure that
  1. california requires a front plate
  2. porsche provides a front plate mount at no charge
  3. you personally are liable for any fines/penalties if you choose not to mount your front plate
most Police officers I've encountered aware of this.
You missed my point Daveo, everyone knows that porsche - as well as other manufacturers - provide front plate mounts, but there are currently global supply chain problems effecting almost every foreign-produced good in the US. My guess is that Officers Ponch & Jon would at least be aware of the global supply chain problems and hence be susceptible to a "suggestion" that the war in Ukraine, Chinese closure of ports, bad guys in general, are standing between you and your license mount. And so, when pulled over and asked about your front license (or absence thereof), simply muster up a healthy dose of righteous indignation, look the cop straight in the eye and state: "It's those goddamned communists again; I'd appreciate any suggestions that you have for dealing with the situation they have created, officer, I'm truly at wits' end over this!" Worst case, you get a fine. Best case, you get sympathy, commiseration and a clean front bumper. Final piece of advice: if you are driving "illegally" without a front license, it might be a good idea to affix a little "Blue Lives Matter" sticker on one of your windows! ;)
Sponsored