EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2021 Taycan 4S. It's wonderful!

About a week ago, I purchased ALK (Active Lane Keep) as a "Function On Demand" from Porsche's site. The purchase went off without a hitch.

But my car hasn't updated. I've read the instructions they sent (Wait at least 10 minutes, and look for an Update on the Update section of the PCM). I've looked in Updates a number of times, and nothing is there, and nothing new has been installed. I have great cell coverage here at home, and I've also driven it to other areas with great cell coverage in the time since I purchased ALK.

Is there anything I can do to "kick" the car into downloading this update? I know that this topic has been discussed elsewhere on this forum but I haven't seen any definitive advice for how to encourage the update to arrive.

Any advice? How can I get the update I purchased to download?
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe try reboot your PCM? tap 2 fingers on the right upper corner where the time is. That'll bring you to the engineering menu where you can do a reboot.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 2021 Taycan 4S. It's wonderful!

About a week ago, I purchased ALK (Active Lane Keep) as a "Function On Demand" from Porsche's site. The purchase went off without a hitch.

But my car hasn't updated. I've read the instructions they sent (Wait at least 10 minutes, and look for an Update on the Update section of the PCM). I've looked in Updates a number of times, and nothing is there, and nothing new has been installed. I have great cell coverage here at home, and I've also driven it to other areas with great cell coverage in the time since I purchased ALK.

Is there anything I can do to "kick" the car into downloading this update? I know that this topic has been discussed elsewhere on this forum but I haven't seen any definitive advice for how to encourage the update to arrive.

Any advice? How can I get the update I purchased to download?
I would contact Porsche as the service is currently not available for MY22 and perhaps it's broader than that and extends to MY21. That said I wouldn't expect the purchase to proceed if that's the case.

Toreref

First Name
Tore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I got ALK for my 2021 Taycan. It tried to install it, but I ended up having to go to a dealership to finalize the installation. It seems that the OTA installation is not very robust. Good luck to you!

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag
Mine took 2 weeks before it got sent the car…i had scheduled with dealer then suddenly it appeared…be patient
Sponsored