DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
One suggestion: turn off Innodrive speed limit obedience, to prevent sudden decrease in speed from for example 80 to 50 whenever it spots a 50 sign.
I already turned off InnoDrive entirely, I still don't even know what it does other than aggressively slow the car down in an unwanted fashion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is what makes me suspect it was not configured the "right" way...

How can I turn it on/off at will when there's no setting in the PCM for it? When does my trial start/end? Will it ever end?

I suspect it is just hard-coded ON now and I will never see it activate on the web, but time will tell.

Porsche Taycan Function on Demand - Not Working? Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 1.49.18 PM

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
InnoDrive from my understanding takes GPS and road data into consideration to decide on what is a safe speed around corners. From my experience, it'll decrease the speed smoothly as you enter a turn where ACC will just keep it at whatever you have it set to.

You should be able to see it in action if you take the car thru some tight curves and set the speed limit higher than what is safe. Of course if you're not sure if it was activated correctly, be ready to slow the car down if you need to. Not exactly the safest thing to verify if it's working correctly.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
InnoDrive from my understanding takes GPS and road data into consideration to decide on what is a safe speed around corners. From my experience, it'll decrease the speed smoothly as you enter a turn where ACC will just keep it at whatever you have it set to.

You should be able to see it in action if you take the car thru some tight curves and set the speed limit higher than what is safe. Of course if you're not sure if it was activated correctly, be ready to slow the car down if you need to. Not exactly the safest thing to verify if it's working correctly.
It's definitely activated - my only question is whether or not it's activated as a monthly feature with a trial (as it should be) or if it's just ON now.

That said, I don't think I like InnoDrive. If the trial expires I don't think I'll re-up it.

Porsche Taycan Function on Demand - Not Working? Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 2.01.51 PM

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is what makes me suspect it was not configured the "right" way...

How can I turn it on/off at will when there's no setting in the PCM for it? When does my trial start/end? Will it ever end?

I suspect it is just hard-coded ON now and I will never see it activate on the web, but time will tell.
Don't worry too much about the "my connect services". It took many days before mine was correct. All that time Innodrive worked fine.

Have a look at good to know, activating and deactivating consideration of speed limits and deactivate it to get rid of the abrupt slowing down. The car will then ask you every time it detects a speed change if you want it.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
How do you get this to activate? Mine’s showed this for 3-4 days

Porsche Taycan Function on Demand - Not Working? A872E321-8716-4D56-BA98-26090FDE0CFC

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I had to make a service visit to resolve it.
I’m betting there’s some reqs to it that they’d rather not share so you have to go in.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m betting there’s some reqs to it that they’d rather not share so you have to go in.
I don't think it was anything nefarious - just something not working like it's supposed to which required a kick start from service's side.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Reading this thread and other posts on the website I got the general sense that FOD doesn't work. However, I was pleasantly surprised that within minutes of going to the Porsche Connect website and starting the trial, there was a notification in the Taycan and when I got into the car to drive it was fully operational.

Glad FOD works!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I don't think it was anything nefarious - just something not working like it's supposed to which required a kick start from service's side.
Yeah I don't think it's nefarious I just think they don't want to release a notification that says "if you can't do this go into your car and hold your brake, tap the screen 3 times, then hold off button to get it to reset" because as someone in IT, there almost certainly a way for it to 're-check' for FoD features/updates that doesn't seem to be widely known.

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Reading this thread and other posts on the website I got the general sense that FOD doesn't work. However, I was pleasantly surprised that within minutes of going to the Porsche Connect website and starting the trial, there was a notification in the Taycan and when I got into the car to drive it was fully operational.

Glad FOD works!
Agreed! I was worried when FOD didn’t immediately download and install ALK after I signed up but as soon as I went out for a drive, it downloaded the package and installed it after I left the car alone. I actually quite enjoy having ALK, I can see it being a must for long trips. Might try out Innodrive soon!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Btw - Did you try just selecting ACC then turning on ALK or is ALK only available under InnoDrive?
Sponsored