DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes, exactly the same. It stayed like that for weeks.
And I also tried every trick I could think of, but no luck.
A visit to the PC was necessary and they fixed it.
They said they did a reset of the PCM, but I suspect they did more than that.
Anyway, I now have the FODs.
When you say you visted the PC - is that the dealership? Porsche service center?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone been able to activate ALK or InnoDrive in the past few weeks?

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone been able to activate ALK or InnoDrive in the past few weeks?
The PC did it for me, but on my porsche my connect services ALK and Innodrive still show the Dutch translation of "activation in progress".

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
I have exactly the same problem. Ordered all FOD functions available. Got Active Lane Keeping, then PCM had a melt down. Went back to dealer for a week, where they did a reboot, and told me other functions should now download very soon.. Well that was 7 weeks ago. Chased them every week and still nothing...

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Still not working for me. I've contacted Porsche support as well as my dealer. Nobody knows anything.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Has anyone had FoD just work smoothly as advertised ?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
like many of the technical aspects of the car FOD is wonky at best
Yeah...

I road tripped it to Austin and back last night. The PCM stopped making sounds of any kind which was only remedied by a reboot. (This needs to be easier to do since it's needed so frequently.)

On the plus side, Plug and Charge worked great so...there's that.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has anyone had FoD just work smoothly as advertised ?
Yes, sort of. Despite my 2 month saga to get any connectivity in the vehicle working (chronicled here) and that only being resolved just yesterday, I must have a gambling problem because I then immediately signed up for the ALK and InnoDrive free trials.

Within a few minutes after purchase I got the "Function on Demand Available" message on the PCM. I followed the instructions to leave the car and lock it. I returned about 30 minutes later but when I turned the car on, the PCM did not start (stuck on Porsche logo with a spinning blue circle). I sat there for about 5 minutes before shutting the car off again and leaving.

I returned about 2 hours later, the PCM started up immediately, and both ALK and InnoDrive were available. No "success" message, they just worked.

Given all of my connectivity issues and numerous contacts with PCNA over the past 2 months, I strongly suspect there is some complicated configuration incantation on the back end that is not being executed consistently and requires 100% manual intervention to resolve. I would bet this is at the root of all these similar problems. Hopefully Porsche works this out because it appears it's either labor intensive to fix or there's a high volume of affected customers, or both.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well I got ALK and InnoDrive activated today at the dealership.

I am not sure it was activated "correctly" though - it still shows waiting for activation on the web, and there are no entries to toggle it on/off in the Porsche Connect PCM settings. I hope I like them since there now appears to be no way to turn them off other than in the cruise control settings. :)

Porsche Taycan Function on Demand - Not Working? Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 10.43.09 AM

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well I got ALK and InnoDrive activated today at the dealership.

I am not sure it was activated "correctly" though - it still shows waiting for activation on the web, and there are no entries to toggle it on/off in the Porsche Connect PCM settings. I hope I like them since there now appears to be no way to turn them off other than in the cruise control settings. :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 10.43.09 AM.png
One suggestion: turn off Innodrive speed limit obedience, to prevent sudden decrease in speed from for example 80 to 50 whenever it spots a 50 sign.