Getting Nervous re Allocation

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I put a $5k deposit down with the local dealership. Salesperson accepted it and sent a receipt and then later realized that my Porsche Code/order was for a 4S instead of a base Taycan (which we had initially discussed). They then told me that changing to the 4S would move the lock date back to November and the anticipated delivery back to February (which is suboptimal, but it's OK - I'm patient).

After all this they invited me to test drive the 1 Taycan they had on the lot - and it was great and all was well. Since then, however, I've been asking to see the lock date confirmed in writing, and they're not responding to my request after about a week and a couple of follow-ups. I'm getting nervous that they're giving the allocation away (especially as the salesperson is relatively new). Am I being paranoid or should I escalate to a manager?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I put a $5k deposit down with the local dealership. Salesperson accepted it and sent a receipt and then later realized that my Porsche Code/order was for a 4S instead of a base Taycan (which we had initially discussed). They then told me that changing to the 4S would move the lock date back to November and the anticipated delivery back to February (which is suboptimal, but it's OK - I'm patient).

After all this they invited me to test drive the 1 Taycan they had on the lot - and it was great and all was well. Since then, however, I've been asking to see the lock date confirmed in writing, and they're not responding to my request after about a week and a couple of follow-ups. I'm getting nervous that they're giving the allocation away (especially as the salesperson is relatively new). Am I being paranoid or should I escalate to a manager?
Ask them for commission number – thats when you know you have something and Porsche factory is aware of your order.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ask them for commission number – thats when you know you have something and Porsche factory is aware of your order.
thank you! Turns out the salesperson just left the dealership, which explains some of the lack of communication. Appreciate the reply.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always go to the manager, even if the problem seems minimal. It is impossible to understand everything, it is better to trust the professionals
That’s what I did, and then I got a new SA who then promptly left (and nobody told me) and I missed my freeze date. Thankfully I went back to the manager and they fixed the issue and got me a new SA who has been there a while. Also got some help from a forum member here in town. All has worked out well since.
Sponsored