mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
My Taycan also came off the Glovis Supreme in San Diego. My dealer could do nothing without the invoice. We talked new year's eve.
My car was on the Glovis and still hasn't passed/finished its PDI according to TYD (as of 6am this morning) and also nothing from my dealer. They usually give me a heads up when they have confirmation that the car is on the way and released. So interesting that your dealer basically backdated or signed a contract for a car not yet released to them by Porsche NA. From what I understand until PDI is completed and the Mulrooney sticker is also issued to the car (dealer gets a copy electronically) they can't officially inventory the vehicle but selling it at that point from each state's DMV standpoint seems to be a real gray area here. Wonder if ADMs paid have any effect on this practice?

So yeah I agree with those who've said the port shut down for the holidays and today is the 1st day open and for resumed vehicle PDI processing to include transloading of cars to re-ship to dealers. Soon folks....
Sponsored

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
lol yea mine switched to port processing earlier this morning as well. I did not want to get too excited but who knows...maybe we'll see our cars before the weekend but my dealer still has no idea.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
lol yea mine switched to port processing earlier this morning as well. I did not want to get too excited but who knows...maybe we'll see our cars before the weekend but my dealer still has no idea.
My car has been sitting in port processing in San Diego for 8 days with no end in sight.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
My car has been sitting in port processing in San Diego for 8 days with no end in sight.
Same here..was unloaded at SD on 12/27..TYD still shows delivery for 1/14 ?

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Mine unloaded from the Glovis Supreme @ Benicia just switched to "port processing" this morning. Dealer in San Jose still expecting to be able to deliver the car to me "some time this week." Tick tock!

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 4.25.53 PM

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
My dealer called today after the port processing change. I inferred from his comments that the port processing is something administrative done by the port management the result of which sends notice to the trucking company that the cars are ready to be loaded for transport. He seemed to think that it would be this week as well. Upon receipt the dealer has to clean the car, update the software, charge it, etc.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Mine unloaded from the Glovis Supreme @ Benicia just switched to "port processing" this morning. Dealer in San Jose still expecting to be able to deliver the car to me "some time this week." Tick tock!

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 4.25.53 PM.jpg
My dealer is in SoCal. I was originally going to do PECLA but the dealer said it would not be until March and gave me the opportunity to back out which I did. My CT went to Benicia and TYD now show delivery of 1/16.

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Our SA is still saying Thursday, but I have no idea if it’s on a truck yet. I assume if I had access to TYD it would say port processing as well.

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
My TYD updated again and shows “in transit” to dealer arriving on 1/14.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Mine is in Port Processing. SA tells me that it will be 7-10 days before delivery.

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
Congrats for you man...things are moving for some of us! :)
Wellllll, someone pointed out to me that I might have gotten ahead of myself and misread the TYD . I show completed port processing on 12/30 and car estimated for dealer arrival on 1/14. I guess that doesn’t necessarily translate to the car being loaded and moving? But hey I opened step 13 and it showed the truck in motion…I couldn’t help myself!

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Well just got a msg from my rep. My car was released to transport. He's saying it'll be here by the end of the week. Let's see. No change in TYD though.
Sponsored