Glovis Supreme left Emden

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
I just went and looked at mine at the dealership. Still some PDI work to be done but they said it will be ready in a couple of days. ?
Sponsored

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
For everybody who has been notified that their vehicles are en route to the dealership, have you already added your cars to the My Porsche app and what is the status that is showing? I added the vehicle to the app when we purchased it on 12/30 and got the VIN.

I called Porsche NA customer service to find out if they could give me any info on when my car will leave the port. I tried to get access to TYD but she said since I had added the car to my Porsche, TYD wasn’t available. She is showing exit from the port on 1/14 and delivery on 1/21. This makes no sense when several other Bay Area dealerships have gotten vehicles off the Glovis Supreme in Benicia.

I am super frustrated with the lack of concrete information from Porsche prior SA. How the hell do they have no info on when a truck will bring the vehicle to the dealership? Isn’t that logistics 101?
Again you're placing too much "faith" into TYD. It is only an estimate and based on info loaded by Porsche AG which changes throughout the vehicle shipment as port and global conditions change also. Trucking schedules are contracted by Porsche NA not your dealer for delivery and the dealers only get a rough estimate of a window to expect a car. That is why their system printouts (SA can give you that) offer the best idea of when your car will arrive. Otherwise it's a bit of magic and no need to try to frustrate yourself figuring out where in the world your car is at this moment. Best answer is likely between the port and your dealer...otherwise its an inefficient at times and frustrating process not made any better by current COVID19 and global shipping/logistical challenges.

Car will arrive eventually and only thing dealers can really do is go into the system and check for updates regularly and even then I've heard of SAs at dealers being surprised by an earlier than expected or later than expected delivery by the trucking companies. Its not FEDEX or UPS tracking by any means...sorry. GL w/your delivery.

BTW this is my 3 ordered Porsche and have 2 ordered BMWs before so familiar with how it goes in GOOD and NORMAL times and this is neither GOOD nor NORMAL for vehicle deliveries/purchases.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I just went and looked at mine at the dealership. Still some PDI work to be done but they said it will be ready in a couple of days. ?
Great but curious...what PDI work is needed still? That usually happens at port not the dealer before they release it. But guess sometimes there is still stuff that is needed to be done once they arrive before you get the car huh?

Just got a message from my dealer that car has been released from port at San Diego after PDI and drop off on 12/27 from Glovis Supreme and is being prep'd to be shipped to them now. Expect it to arrive on/around 20th and then told me to plan on 2 days for them to prep it/do pre-delivery prep, and also download lates software and check for any campaigns. Was given tentative 1/22 delivery date...works with me. He did confirm the $7500 credit STILL applies from what Porsche NA is saying so that is good also even though we've missed the Dec 31 calendar year. We'll see what goes. :)

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Great but curious...what PDI work is needed still? That usually happens at port not the dealer before they release it. But guess sometimes there is still stuff that is needed to be done once they arrive before you get the car huh?
Besides removing the transport cardboard and protective stuff? I’m not sure. But the SA said it would probably be at least Monday afternoon before I could collect. He mentioned doing diagnostics and final inspection.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 037A98DC-A4DC-41E8-9DA7-B27BBA750CA1

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
I agree it would be interesting to know what prep work is needed. When is the SIM registered on the mobile network? When is the ID of the car registered with Electrify America? I have not owned an EV before, so maybe this last is a dumb question.

The PDI is an inspection, so I would imagine this involves verifying the mechanics, electrics and software. I would also imagine this is done by Porsche once it is off the ship, and then again by the dealer once it arrives at the dealership and is transferred from Porsche to the dealer. The indications I get from the dealer is that the issue is not really how long the PDI and prep takes, but rather the availability of the service staff given the number of cars they are dealing with, both for PDIs/prep and regular service. The dealership I am working with has fewer than a 100 new cars to process, but well above 10, so a few days to get to mine seems reasonable.

Last edited:

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I was told at dealership months ago that prep on the Taycan is the longest of any of the current Porsches, between 1 and 2 days. Software updates, charging, etc.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
I was told at dealership months ago that prep on the Taycan is the longest of any of the current Porsches, between 1 and 2 days. Software updates, charging, etc.
It would be interesting to know what two days means. Does it take two full days for one person? Can it be faster if more people work on it? Can some of the work be parallelized? How much does it vary case to case? Is Porsche really releasing updates so often?

There is this way of thinking about releasing software. Think of the software as a lump of jello. Every feature, every tweak, every fix, every change, every bug fix makes the jello jiggle. You can only release/ship if the jello is not moving or jiggling, and shipping makes it jiggle.

If the Taycan get lots of software updates, that means a lot of jiggling, and that means end users are experiencing jiggling (unstable) software. So, while I would like the updates if they fix or improve things, with the best will in the world there is a downside to frequent updates.

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So glad to hear your cars are arriving in Sacramento! They must have loaded the truck today. I am crossing my fingers that ours is not far behind. Post pics!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Car made it here onto back lot. Didn't see the truck, but must have had about 6 cars on it.
I think this is the most excited I've been for a car purchase. Crazy to see the Monroney label and know I built that back in September.
Tuesday night likely for paperwork and delivery.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 20220109_143950

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 20220109_144024

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 20220109_144011

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 20220109_143617

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
Car made it here onto back lot. Didn't see the truck, but must have had about 6 cars on it.
I think this is the most excited I've been for a car purchase. Crazy to see the Monroney label and know I built that back in September.

20220109_143950.jpg

20220109_144024.jpg

20220109_144011.jpg

20220109_143617.jpg

[/QUOTE

20220109_143950.jpg

20220109_144024.jpg

20220109_144011.jpg

20220109_143617.jpg
However, we now know that even though you are on the same boat and at the same dealer, you aren’t necessarily on the same truck. And so I remain with Otis Redding, Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
However, we now know that even though you are on the same boat and at the same dealer, you aren’t necessarily on the same truck. And so I remain with Otis Redding, Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay!
So sorry Kellie....... I just can't even believe this. Hang in there!! Soon I hope!

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OMG Kellie, that is awful! I’m so sorry to hear that. Here I am over here feeling sorry for myself and there was an actual truck with actual taycans delivered to your actual dealership and you still do not have a car at the dealership. Ugh, the lack of real shipping information is infuriating. I know there are major disruptions in the supply chain but there’s no excuse for the lack of information that is being provided. I hope you get some good news soon!

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
OMG Kellie, that is awful! I’m so sorry to hear that. Here I am over here feeling sorry for myself and there was an actual truck with actual taycans delivered to your actual dealership and you still do not have a car at the dealership. Ugh, the lack of real shipping information is infuriating. I know there are major disruptions in the supply chain but there’s no excuse for the lack of information that is being provided. I hope you get some good news soon!
Thank you! Actually it was kinda funny.

The sales rep texts Matt (wurzitup) that his black Taycan is being unloaded from the truck and the sales rep says he sees mine too. Matt texts me. I call my sales rep but then think, wait, he’s off on Sundays so I hang up and get in the car anyway.
My sales rep sees me come in and in a very diplomatic way asked WTF am I doing there. Lol. Turns out there was a cherry one in the group but no berry. I think the sales rep must be color blind.

But I did get to meet Matt and his girlfriend who it turns out works with a guy I went to law school with. A great adventure, funny story, and a new car buddy! Oh, and I sold my Volt today!
Sponsored