Got my first dents :(

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Never dealt with this before, anyone know if these are 100% fixable, ie restored to the point where you can't even tell they happened? I do have Porsche wheel and dent insurance.

Porsche Taycan Got my first dents :( IMG_6437
Porsche Taycan Got my first dents :( IMG_6436
Porsche Taycan Got my first dents :( IMG_6435

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
If the paint is still in good shape you can use the company called dent wizard (not sure if they are in your area). We have them in the East coast and they are great. For what you have $50 to $100 to repair and they come to you. Again just not sure if they are on the West coast. Good luck!

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
If the paint is still in good shape you can use the company called dent wizard (not sure if they are in your area). We have them in the East coast and they are great. For what you have $50 to $100 to repair and they come to you. Again just not sure if they are on the West coast. Good luck!
I have wheel/dent insurance with my dealer so I was planning on bringing the car in to have them fix it up (for free I think? Forget if there's a deductible). My question is more whether something like this is fully repairable.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
How did you even get those dents?

These small dents look like it has to be fixed from the inside. One of them looks like it needs to be repainted.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
How did you even get those dents?

These small dents look like it has to be fixed from the inside. One of them looks like it needs to be repainted.
Was driving on the freeway, suddenly heard a loud bang from some object hitting the car.

Since you're in LA, I'll also note that I had just gotten on the 405.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Was driving on the freeway, suddenly heard a loud bang from some object hitting the car.

Damn, that sucks I am really sorry. Our freeway is garbage filled for sure. That is why I wrapped my car fully to hopefully prevent it.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I don’t think those are candidates for paintless dent repair. My guess is that those will require some bodywork and respray.
Hmm, yeah you're probably right. Now that I look at the dent coverage more, I'm realizing it is paintless. I don't know much about this stuff, but the damage definitely looks like it needs new paint.

markrm61

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2014 S4
Country flag
I’ve had paintless dent removal successfully done on my other Porsche in San Francisco, amazing! The only caveat was that the paint could not be broken or cracked.

Deleted member 6348

Everything is fixable.
That being said, this damage may be beyond pointless dent repair. It will likely require some level of respray

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Everything is fixable.
That being said, this damage may be beyond pointless dent repair. It will likely require some level of respray
That sounds expensive. I guess I should start looking at my insurance? I have a $1k deductible, it's probably safe to assume repainting and dent fixing would cost more than that, right? Should I expect to pay $1k out of pocket to get this fixed? Will it raise my premium?

As you can tell I've never had to make a claim before (other than accidents where other people were at fault).

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d give PDR a try first and then rock chip touch up like Dr Colorchip. At a minimum, if you can’t live with the paint touch up, you’ve at least eliminated the bodywork or minimized the body filler the paint shop will use. (And you’ve already got PDR coverage anyhow!)

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag

was it a bullet from a gun shot?

Deleted member 6348

That sounds expensive. I guess I should start looking at my insurance? I have a $1k deductible, it's probably safe to assume repainting and dent fixing would cost more than that, right? Should I expect to pay $1k out of pocket to get this fixed? Will it raise my premium?

As you can tell I've never had to make a claim before (other than accidents where other people were at fault).
Try the pointless dent repair route first. If it is going to require something more serious, you can contemplate whether or not you want to file a claim.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Try the pointless dent repair route first. If it is going to require something more serious, you can contemplate whether or not you want to file a claim.
Yeah, I already am bringing it into the dealer for the dents and to do several recalls that I have accumulated.
Sponsored