Got pulled over today…

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I live in in Virginia. We require safety inspections in addition to emissions inspections. When I tried to get my first Tesla inspected they had to call the state because there was no way to enter ”0” cylinders or mark the car as electric. In the end they submitted BS data to get the inspection done and give me a sticker. It was fixed the next year (2013?).
that reminds me of the time I took my MB diesel in for the at the time NJ safety inspection, part of the inspection was an emissions test for gassers. they guy insisted on doing the tailpipe test on the car which of course faulted. I had to get out of the car and point at the diesel badge on it.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I was pulled over in NJ, a week after getting the car, for not having an inspection sticker (in NJ inspections are purely for emissions). It took a while of trying to explain that I don't have an exhaust to inspect (and I even double checked with the dealership that there isn't an inspection sticker I can have). In the end, he let me go without a ticket, but told me to get an inspection done as soon as possible :CWL:
Don’t you have connections to many dealers? Dealers usually have pull with the local PD. You should get that cop reprimanded. Can’t allow that level of ineptness to go unnoticed when they carry a gun.

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Does anyone have a sticker license plate in the front? Is that legal?
I'm in NJ and I also don't want to drill the front bumper, so planning what to do after the registration is done. Currently I have the temporary plate, so only in the back

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm in NJ and I also don't want to drill the front bumper, so planning what to do after the registration is done. Currently I have the temporary plate, so only in the back
a sticker plate is NOT legal in NJ. I would advise you to figure out something because once one of the local coppers see you without the plate up front they will continue to harass you.
maybe something like this will work for you
https://www.amazon.com/tow-hook-license-plate-mount/s?k=tow+hook+license+plate+mount

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
You could repeatedly buy the same car once the temp plates expire like Steve Jobs

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe move to a state that doesn't use front license plates? :)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I’m having trouble getting the Rho plate to clear the sensors. Did you have to relocate the ball mount/extender on the plate or did you simply install it as it was preassembled?
It was last year but I do not remember having had any trouble clearing the front parking sensors while assembling it per the instructions. It is an asymmetric assembly. I presume that your license plate extends towards the outside of the vehicle?

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was last year but I do not remember having had any trouble clearing the front parking sensors while assembling it per the instructions. It is an asymmetric assembly. I presume that your license plate extends towards the outside of the vehicle?
yes I installed as shown on their website and the parking sensors picked it up. Do you happen to know if you angled it to match the curve or did you try and make it perpendicular?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
yes I installed as shown on their website and the parking sensors picked it up. Do you happen to know if you angled it to match the curve or did you try and make it perpendicular?
I arrived in Europe yesterday and will only be back in the US on June 25, so I cannot check the configuration of my front license plate holder now. As soon as I will be back, I will take some pictures for your information. Sorry for the delay.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I arrived in Europe yesterday and will only be back in the US on June 25, so I cannot check the configuration of my front license plate holder now. As soon as I will be back, I will take some pictures for your information. Sorry for the delay.
oh no worries! Thanks!

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don’t you have connections to many dealers? Dealers usually have pull with the local PD. You should get that cop reprimanded. Can’t allow that level of ineptness to go unnoticed when they carry a gun.
Yes, but it would a very awkward conversation asking my dealership clients for PD help lol. Googling around after-the-fact, it seems to have been a very common issue for Tesla owners a few years back (cops demanding inspection stickers). So it's unfortunately nothing new.