Ground clearance on Taycan 4S?

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Here’s some photos what do you think?

I guess I could measure the lengths to see what angle we have here, it’s just the break over I’m concerned about.

ED68D5D6-46A3-434C-B890-72306DBDD0BD.jpeg

7D8AC0A8-2B7F-42F5-92D2-EC7B75679057.jpeg
Based on your photos, I don't think ground clearance is going to be a concern for a Taycan. I don't think a 911 would have any issues getting up your driveway for that matter, especially with the proper approach angle and speed. Perhaps @GreggT can chime in as well based on his experience with even lower GT heights.

As for the Scandanavian bumps? I suspect they are standardized such that car manufacturers (especially the Germans) are able to design their cars to make it over without scraping. Low speed is likely the key to success, unfortunately. My 911 makes it over similar speed humps with ease at the appropriate speed. Hope that helps.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Sure everyone knows this but......lots of 'tricks' for negotiating an approaching rise. The obvious one is to hit it with as much an angle as is possible (when space and traffic allow).....and, also something that involves a tad more finesse...and that is.......brake and then abruptly release brake just as the front of the car hits the incline.
The unweight and shift of the the suspension at that moment provides natural lift.
An example of a 'daily' that has dealt w/ all manor of inclines.

Porsche Taycan Ground clearance on Taycan 4S? image246x700-700x525

Last edited:

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
You are right Gregg, you can sometimes find a way around! Though the break over is different.

I took a 718 Cayman T to my house to see how it would handle the slopes. I don’t think the Taycan will have issues as they should be similar, and Cayman had plenty of space.

I trust the Taycan is a much more luxurious car to drive vs the Cayman!

Porsche Taycan Ground clearance on Taycan 4S? B636B49B-EB2E-449E-BF10-9BBADBF6123C

Porsche Taycan Ground clearance on Taycan 4S? 2B27D395-E637-479F-B11E-F4122A35562D

Porsche Taycan Ground clearance on Taycan 4S? D6808DE6-23B9-4AE0-BC8D-DD018F536B96

Last edited:

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
The first picture of the lift over the wheels is a position used by Porsche for transportation. It is not managed by the driver controls and has to be released by the dealer service department. Once released to driver-managed positions, the lowered photo is the low position available to us to choose. The low stance is gorgeous! Though possibly not the best for the "crest" of your driveway. You'll figure it out.
The ride difference between the Cayman T and the Taycan is like two different worlds! The Taycan ride is beyond wonderful, even lowered and set to sport plus suspension. Prepare to be blown away!

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I also wonder if the Taycan 4S will have a somewhat higher ground clearance than the Taycan Turbos. And what the difference will be between the sedan and the Cross Tursimo in this regard...

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I also wonder if the Taycan 4S will have a somewhat higher ground clearance than the Taycan Turbos. And what the difference will be between the sedan and the Cross Tursimo in this regard...
4S and Turbo have same suspension system.
Sponsored