smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks - kind assistance needed please...

Has anyone measured - or can you please point me at diagrams - that give the max-min ground clearance of the chin (lowest point at the front) of a CT? And an idea of the distance of how far that point is in front of the front wheel centre (ie the overhang)?

I have a steep drive and my A7 only just clears it on entry. My A7 has a front spoiler clearance of 145mm (5.75") at 750mm (29.5") in front of centre of wheel. So anything equal or more than that would be fine

I asked this before here - but my thread was used as a discussion between other members comparing wheel and tyre variant diameters - which is too fine a point for me - since the differences are small and are affected by tyre pressure.

I just need a rough idea for now - is a CT front spoiler 'chin' likely to be higher than an A7

Many thanks - much appreciated.
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

Has anyone measured - or can you please point me at diagrams - that give the max-min ground clearance of the chin (lowest point at the front) of a CT? And an idea of the distance of how far that point is in front of the front wheel centre (ie the overhang)?

I have a steep drive and my A7 only just clears it on entry. My A7 has a front spoiler clearance of 145mm (5.75") at 750mm (29.5") in front of centre of wheel. So anything equal or more than that would be fine

I asked this before here - but my thread was used as a discussion between other members comparing wheel and tyre variant diameters - which is too fine a point for me - since the differences are small and are affected by tyre pressure.

I just need a rough idea for now - is a CT front spoiler 'chin' likely to be higher than an A7

You can have a look here :
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...with-and-without-offroad-design-package.4984/

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

This is what you are after (except for the CT .... just add 20mm (!)) ... the online brochure hasn't been updated for either the CT or ST which would show the relevant diagram.

Porsche Taycan ground clearance 1637663254857

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
This is what you are after (except for the CT .... just add 20mm (!)) ... the online brochure hasn't been updated for either the CT or ST which would show the relevant diagram.

1637663254857.png
perfect - Thanks A - :)

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW - I calculated the front overhang clearance angle of my A7 as only being 10.9 degrees.

According to the diagram, The sedan/saloon taycan minimum front clearance angle is 11 degrees.

The CT will be greater still (rough estimate at 12 degrees minimum - it's a guess because I don't know the overhang - but it will be similar or less than an A7).

So my CT turbo should be fine!

This saves me asking for another test drive and a 1 hour round trip just to test if it will clear my driveway

Much appreciated - thanks!
Sponsored