johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I’ve seen some of these posts getting feedback on their builds and they seem very helpful! I’d love an opinion on what I put together. I opted for… quite a bit. Some might think things like the tech package and key color aren’t worth it, but I couldn’t help myself. Is there anything I’m missing that I’d later regret not having?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN73X4E4
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Very nice build on the outside but I wouldn't even think about picking a wood trim in the sportiest Taycan model. But if YOU like it, everything is fine ?

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Very nice build on the outside but I wouldn't even think about picking a wood trim in the sportiest Taycan model. But if YOU like it, everything is fine ?
To be perfectly honest I ditched all the race Tex seats and went for luxury interior feeling since leather will be more durable, looks nicer to me, etc. I did keep the race Tex on the roof and b pillars though. This will be my daily driver even though it’s a GTS so I’m fine mixing sporty and luxury.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
To be perfectly honest I ditched all the race Tex seats and went for luxury interior feeling since leather will be more durable, looks nicer to me
That's perfectly fine. I personally would also skip all the Race-Tex stuff except the headliner and the B-pillars. I also prefer the full leather interior but wood trim in a Taycan is not for me, sorry ?
But as I said, if you like it there is nothing more to discuss about.

gotzillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST GTS coming
Country flag
I guess I'm in the minority as I didn't spec in tech pkg. HUD is nice but everything else from tech pkg is to get driven instead of driving.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My comments would be similar to the above - lose the wood trim, which somehow seems out of place in a Taycan, particularly a GTS.

I'm not keen on the back door handles either.

However, you are speccing a car for you, not for the next owner, so if these things are something that you want then you should include them!

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Concur.

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Wow didn’t realize so many would be against the wood! Haha. I loved the exterior color coming through to the inside so I had to go with that, and I thought the wood complemented the blue nicely. In videos I’ve seen the wood is much darker than those generated images show. Do folks think the carbon fiber would look better on the doors than the wood? I was going back and forth between the two.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I’ve seen Palado wood in a 992 and it made it look super plush - open pore was yacht style and yes it’s much darker than the rendering.

It was painted navy with cream interior and it was awesome. I almost went for it but it wouldn’t suit my build which is geared towards a rugged sporty feel (crayon/black accents CT). On GTS carbon is relatively accessible and probably better suited though

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Wood trim in a car like the Taycan just makes it look a little dated / old people-y in my opinion. It doesn't suit such a modern car that well. I'd go with the cleaner look of something else.

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Alright, happy to say I changed the wood to carbon fiber. And immediately liked it more than the wood. Also added rear axle steering because I heard that’s a game changer. Thank you for all the help!!!

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
19.2kw internal charger is worth considering if you have a three-phase power supply at your home or office. Other than that - and the changes you’ve just noted - it looks fab!

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
I have a quick GTS interior question - if you ditch the Race Tex for leather, is the GTS logo still going to be on the headrests?

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
Dealer told me yes but would like to hear other confirmations

I have a quick GTS interior question - if you ditch the Race Tex for leather, is the GTS logo still going to be on the headrests?

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
19.2kw internal charger is worth considering if you have a three-phase power supply at your home or office. Other than that - and the changes you’ve just noted - it looks fab!
Hmm wait I’m confused. I currently charge my Tesla at home via my 220V outlet. Does the Taycan not support that charging speed out of the box? Is that seriously an option I need to pay for?
Sponsored