G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I'm beginning to come round to your observation about privacy glass (totally agree about colour).

The more I look at it now, the more peculiar it looks. It does hurt the symmetry of the car and tbh, hardly anyone will use the rear seats and even if they do, will the privacy glass provide any practical utility? No.

This may be something I will drop. Instead, the acoustically insulated laminated glass might instead be something I will consider, plus it looks like it slightly darkens all panels of the side glass, complementing the GTS accents.

It also has practical utility - at least according to this thread.

1653469577184.png
Window tints on darker colours can produce the van like effect, less so on Carmine or Crayon. The car was pretty quiet in standard form. I know someone with it on his Turbo and his phone signal can be a little indifferent.

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I’ve got a build slot!
Porsche Tonbridge have had allocations for their first two customer orders for GTS ST, and thankfully I’m one of them. The freeze date for specification they given is 25th August, for delivery at some point in October. Opportunity for delays in the ensuing period, but progress at last.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve got a build slot!
Porsche Tonbridge have had allocations for their first two customer orders for GTS ST, and thankfully I’m one of them. The freeze date for specification they given is 25th August, for delivery at some point in October. Opportunity for delays in the ensuing period, but progress at last.
Congrats…..when did you place your order?
what’s your spec?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
“Broadsword calling Danny Boy,
the eagle has landed.”

GTS saloon has arrived today at dealership and they want to get it to me in May.
Excellent!
Pick up Tuesday 31st May.
Lively jubbly.

For the record,
I ordered on launch day, flipping from a Turbo. I was told I was 2nd for a GTS at the dealership and it appears I have the second customer car to arrive.

These Taycans are arriving despite Pootin and Soonarmies.
Keep the faith. It’s worth the wait!

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I’ve got a build slot!
Congrats. Great to see it has started. To whet your appetite, this is Cardiff’s showroom car on display at a PCGB event this evening. Ignore the colour. The wheels and shape are glorious.

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 290AAF51-428D-4A0C-A515-AA71E5784D2E

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 69BDE9ED-7581-477E-A540-4DDCBD1F7B9B

Reactions: WGR

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Thanks Ross, think ill continue with ditching the elec cover as its really not required (although, I do recall something about mesh in the vents and potential damage if you dont have them?) and will maybe go for the brushed aluminium illuminated door guards.
I initially did not spec the electric covers, but changed my mind due to the following subjective arguments:
- The vents let a lot of sh*t through, especially in wet and winter conditions. Some owners are so displeased, Porsche is trying to come up with a solution.
- The manual opening is the worst I have tried on a car. It barely pops out, so it almost feels you have to wiggle your fingers underneath to open.
-On our X3 phev I have left open the cover way too often, when unplugging at home. You easily get distracted by kids/wife, as you are not at a petrol station with one reason to fill up the car. I have never left open the petrol door lid to my knowledge, on a ice car..
- It’s a cool gadget you will use often.
- A jealous bypasser cannot take out anger on your manual open charge port and break it off.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Congrats. Great to see it has started. To whet your appetite, this is Cardiff’s showroom car on display at a PCGB event this evening. Ignore the colour. The wheels and shape are glorious.

290AAF51-428D-4A0C-A515-AA71E5784D2E.jpeg

69BDE9ED-7581-477E-A540-4DDCBD1F7B9B.jpeg
Shame to see another build slot used up by a showroom Car😫 …..this will be sold on with a mark up ….Bristol centre had one on display ….already sold to customer…..sales guy admitted they can’t sell new car over mrrp but can add what they want to a used vehicle ….looks like position on the order queue means nothing if your prepared to pay more you can bypass the system aided and betted by Porsche uk themselves …..just putting it out there😬😮

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
“Broadsword calling Danny Boy,
the eagle has landed.”

GTS saloon has arrived today at dealership and they want to get it to me in May.
Excellent!
Pick up Tuesday 31st May.
Lively jubbly.

For the record,
I ordered on launch day, flipping from a Turbo. I was told I was 2nd for a GTS at the dealership and it appears I have the second customer car to arrive.

These Taycans are arriving despite Pootin and Soonarmies.
Keep the faith. It’s worth the wait!
Exciting to have collection next week! Having ordered on the same day as you did, it appears that ST has added 4-5 months to waiting time over saloon…

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Its so hard to know what to do for the best. Carmine is my favorite hands down. The RWS was impressive but as you say, small gains for alot of money.
Back to the configurator, and maybe another visit to the Porsche centre.
I’ve driven Taycans with and without RWS. The turning circle with RWS is much improved and definitely a benefit, however it’s the handling on twisty B roads that makes it a must-have option I my opinion. I’d untick a lot of other boxes before considering that one.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Shame to see another build slot used up by a showroom Car😫 …..this will be sold on with a mark up ….Bristol centre had one on display ….already sold to customer…..sales guy admitted they can’t sell new car over mrrp but can add what they want to a used vehicle ….looks like position on the order queue means nothing if your prepared to pay more you can bypass the system aided and betted by Porsche uk themselves …..just putting it out there😬😮
Porsche UK are fairly consistent. There is not a great conspiracy!

All dealers in UK got 2x GTS. A Sport Turismo for the showroom and showing off, like at the Cardiff Expo, (as it was the new model) and a saloon for demo.

They can’t order loads of showroom cars, put them all on Demo and sell for 20k over list. There might be the odd one shifted internally like a Reading Porsche UK ex press car but the vast majority are customer cars selling at MRSP. At least in UK.

Seems a bit more unregulated in US from the info on this forum!

After 3 months demo and showroom car will sell for over list and then it starts all over again!
Porsches always have impatient queue jumpers but these are usually existing customers who know exactly what they are doing and are not being ‘ripped off’

This has been the way for high demand Porsches for years. That’s why there is never a discount.
Just get on the waiting list as soon as possible and relax and be patient.

Order an electric Macan now and then be smug reading on the Macan forum about people waiting 18 months, after ordering 3 months after launch, and then hypothesising about great conspiracy theories as to why they can’t get a car quicker!

Then drive it for 2 years and sell it for a profit.
Keep it to yourself though!:lipssealed:

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
Jct have just sold their 8k mile demo GTS, list £109k………..sold for £125k !

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Saw a Frozen Blue GTS parked yesterday in Chelsea. It pains me to say this but it did not make me want to throw up!

BTW electric port covers are reliable in all weather in my experience.
Steady on chap.
You will be ordering a Frozenberry to brighten up Scotland next!
Sponsored