GTS Orders UK

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Nice. That's quite local to me so will swing by next month for a closer look. I want carmine red so also let's me see it outside of an awkward render or photo.

Thanks for sharing.
I've seen it on other cars but first time I was seeing it on a taycan in person

so glad I saw it. I also looked athte carbon bits on their demo ST and so now I cant wait! well i don't actually have a choice but to but you know what i mean
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I've seen it on other cars but first time I was seeing it on a taycan in person

so glad I saw it. I also looked athte carbon bits on their demo ST and so now I cant wait! well i don't actually have a choice but to but you know what i mean
Yeh I saw CR on a Macan GTS a few months ago in Cape Town, but didn't want to inspect in case I was shot.

It was in an underground car park and I guess not PPF'ed as it didn't really pop.

Have seen it on another Macan in Porsche Leicester, but that car just doesn't have the road presence of a Taycan.

I'm going GTS interior package, and have always liked the carbon trim on the steering wheel. No idea where else it appears, so be good to take a closer look at the cabin.

Sounds like you like it 😂

Keep us posted with your progress. I will say the saloon looks incredible in either crayon or cherry red metallic, which I did not think I'd like until I saw it in person (Leicester, GTS).

For some reason, carmine just seems to work with the ST body style, while crayon then seems too muted 🤷‍♂️

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Email exchange with my dealer (Colchester)... They have their allocations for the year now....

1x GTS ST.

Have asked for confirmation on my place in the list... But am suspecting I'll be lucky to see a car even next year now (order placed 7th Feb this year).

Hey ho.

Maybe I should just buy a 458 after all 😁

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Looking like August👍
GTS ST delivery has moved out to September. Not so good.
Some good news, service cost has been confirmed as £330 (not changing brake fluid as already done). So that’s looking better. . .

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Email exchange with my dealer (Colchester)... They have their allocations for the year now....

1x GTS ST.

Have asked for confirmation on my place in the list... But am suspecting I'll be lucky to see a car even next year now (order placed 7th Feb this year).

Hey ho.

Maybe I should just buy a 458 after all 😁
Christ. Does not bode well.

If my car gets delayed well into next year I will probably cancel and instead invest the money into int'l property via an SPV, where my travels these past 8 months have given me some ideas.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Christ. Does not bode well.

If my car gets delayed well into next year I will probably cancel and instead invest the money into int'l property via an SPV, where my travels these past 8 months have given me some ideas.
Am not short of cars to use, so am in no rush (though £2 a litre of fuel and a litre getting me 3-4 miles, plus annual tax of £650 or so is starting to question my love of cars :)).

The bigger things for me are when is the mid-life revamp going to happen... I suspect 2024 some time...

And also what other cars are in the pipeline. The Taycan is head and shoulders above everything else right now, but as we get closer to 2030, more are going to come out of the woodwork. Lotus, as an example, have one due out next year I think.

No rush really... Though I am wondering whether to keep my slot on PEC. If the car is going to be that much later, it might be better to rearrange that for next year/cancel altogether for now - if I do change horses, I don't want to have spent £425 on a partial track day....

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Am not short of cars to use, so am in no rush (though £2 a litre of fuel and a litre getting me 3-4 miles, plus annual tax of £650 or so is starting to question my love of cars :)).

The bigger things for me are when is the mid-life revamp going to happen... I suspect 2024 some time...

And also what other cars are in the pipeline. The Taycan is head and shoulders above everything else right now, but as we get closer to 2030, more are going to come out of the woodwork. Lotus, as an example, have one due out next year I think.

No rush really... Though I am wondering whether to keep my slot on PEC. If the car is going to be that much later, it might be better to rearrange that for next year/cancel altogether for now - if I do change horses, I don't want to have spent £425 on a partial track day....
I am currently considering buying an interim company car in a BMW I4, Cupra Born (looks fun) or Ioniq 5. Want to keep depreciation tempered as it will be a 12 month flip before the Taycan arrives... I hope. Hence, I don't want to spend excessive sums or I'd probably get an I-PACE instead.

It should be cheaper than an ONTO rental - and more flexible - should I do my usual work-from-a-sunny-place getaway. Also allows me to road trip into Europe with no conditions attached and not have to fork out hundreds or even thousands each month in local rental cars.

No car really excites me either other than a Taycan, but as you mention, if we get to autumn next year and still no Taycan, I may as well hold out for the Cayman EV or see what EV sports cars Mercedes release. If it's within 12 months of getting a Taycan, then buying one would be a bit pointless. I'm at a stage in life where a two and not a four-seater car is practical and ultimately, more fun.

Partly why they command a premium second hand is because there is little else available in that segment of vehicle. But that will change next 2-3 years.

For the PEC, I'll still do it. It's £470 of my company money, and a couple of hundred quid for a bit of fun is fair game.

If you really aren't sure and would rather get a mid-life crisis car, then maybe skip it and see where things are at by Q1 next year.

One delay I was expecting with German manufacturing was Russia cutting gas. However, it looks like Germany is firing up its coal-powered electric stations again. There is some irony in that when it comes to producing EVs...

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

For the PEC, I'll still do it. It's £470 of my company money, and a couple of hundred quid for a bit of fun is fair game.

I'm only doing PEC because it's "free" and I want to try options before committing.

If there's a risk I won't be getting a car, there are far better ways I can spend £475 on track time :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm only doing PEC because it's "free" and I want to try options before committing.

If there's a risk I won't be getting a car, there are far better ways I can spend £475 on track time :)
Have I told you my other car... Is a push bike? 😂

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
GTS ST delivery has moved out to September. Not so good.
Some good news, service cost has been confirmed as £330 (not changing brake fluid as already done). So that’s looking better. . .
Service for £330?? Which UK dealer? I am paying £925 next week at wilmslow

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Service for £330?? Which UK dealer? I am paying £925 next week at wilmslow
Had a call from Porsche today about booking my service as it was due. Had a complain about the price and reiterated I’ve had coolant changed twice this year and also brake fluid changed. So he adjusted the price to £330 inc vat and booked it in.

Believe it or not, that’s Solihull! The most expensive on the list!

Maybe they are listening?