W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have been told my GTS saloon will be made in early December with delivery in January 2023.

See below my Porsche Code.. Any comments would be welcomed (but it's too late to change now!)

PPPRPTC9

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/international.aspx
Don't feel right to critique now given you've locked but...

1 Rear Axle Steering (with PSP)
2. RS Spyder wheels - no need for Mission E forcing expensive (and somewhat redundant brakes) - sorry!
3. Rear seat heating - no need
4. Rear AC - no need
5. Blue lettering & light inserts - black would provide a better contrast.

Never mind what anyone else thinks - it's your car and spec'd how you want it.

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
I couldn't resist any longer and called Porsche Wolverhampton on Tues.....

I was originally told in June/July that I had a good chance of getting my GTS next summer, but probably Sept.

The latest message was they are only getting 2 per month and I'm 15th in the queue.....

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I couldn't resist any longer and called Porsche Wolverhampton on Tues.....

I was originally told in June/July that I had a good chance of getting my GTS next summer, but probably Sept.

The latest message was they are only getting 2 per month and I'm 15th in the queue.....
If Porsche Wolverhampton are getting 2 a month then other dealers should get the same and the PRG dealers will get more perhaps ?

I think I’m 11th in the queue so perhaps I’ll actually get one towards the end of next year…

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Dropped into dealer this morning and saw my GTS ST for the first time today and will post some photos, the car is complete with all that it should have.
Have you got it yet?!

Robbols

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate
Country flag
I'm 6th in my GTS ST queue (deposit Dec 2021) so chased my Porsche Centre - Porsche Tewkesbury this weekend.

They have had no allocations at all as yet. And responded saying 2/month from November is very unlikely. They also asked / suggested if I want to shift my order to another, more available model. Has anyone else encountered this?

Obviously a little worrying and disappointing. I said I won't shift to another model, will wait till January, and if things aren't moving by January then I'll likely cancel altogether. Also starting to sense Porsche Tewkesbury may be very low down in the Porsche centre 'pecking order'...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm 6th in my GTS ST queue (deposit Dec 2021) so chased my Porsche Centre - Porsche Tewkesbury this weekend.

They have had no allocations at all as yet. And responded saying 2/month from November is very unlikely. They also asked / suggested if I want to shift my order to another, more available model. Has anyone else encountered this?

Obviously a little worrying and disappointing. I said I won't shift to another model, will wait till January, and if things aren't moving by January then I'll likely cancel altogether. Also starting to sense Porsche Tewkesbury may be very low down in the Porsche centre 'pecking order'...
Dick Lovett dealer and roughly 10x lower revenues compared to Sytner. Perhaps that limits how many allocations they can get.

The general key learning from this forum, is if you ever want to buy a Porsche again, either order from Reading (25% of allocations go here); or do that + drop a deposit at your nearest dealer just in case.

They probably won't care if you cancel because the wait could be years if they only get 1 allocation a quarter.

That also suits Porsche as it evens out their P&L rather than trying to rush out glut of new orders.

If you really want the car, and don't mind waiting, perhaps give Reading a call and drop £5k there as well if you can stomach it. Who knows, you might get an allocation much sooner than expected, and I also expect the 18+ month timelines being quoted by major dealers is to under promise, but overdeliver.

I expect those cars will turn up sooner, not least with cancellations because of recession/job losses or customers just getting frustrated with the wait. Porsche can rush out orders if they want; why they are purposefully extending delivery times for so many customers is squarely financial in my opinion.

Robbols

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate
Country flag
Dick Lovett dealer and roughly 10x lower revenues compared to Sytner. Perhaps that limits how many allocations they can get.

The general key learning from this forum, is if you ever want to buy a Porsche again, either order from Reading (25% of allocations go here); or do that + drop a deposit at your nearest dealer just in case.

They probably won't care if you cancel because the wait could be years if they only get 1 allocation a quarter.

That also suits Porsche as it evens out their P&L rather than trying to rush out glut of new orders.

If you really want the car, and don't mind waiting, perhaps give Reading a call and drop £5k there as well if you can stomach it. Who knows, you might get an allocation much sooner than expected, and I also expect the 18+ month timelines being quoted by major dealers is to under promise, but overdeliver.

I expect those cars will turn up sooner, not least with cancellations because of recession/job losses or customers just getting frustrated with the wait. Porsche can rush out orders if they want; why they are purposefully extending delivery times for so many customers is squarely financial in my opinion.
Totally agree - if I ever come to buy a Porsche again, I'll be much better placed to play the game! Naively assumed all Porsche dealerships were equal and there was some overall queue! haha...