OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
wow look at that, small world. I still know a few people over there. hope they're treating you well.

the former GM who I reported to sometimes was named Rich Ferrari...at the Porsche store. I always thought that was ironic.
Yes, name is very familiar -- I have purchased multiple Audis over the years from the dealership.

BTW just got off the phone with the current GM who, in turn, spoke with the regional manager. Not great news for those that have been moved to the TBD status. There is no sense of timing now -- I was told it is related to supply chain issues (not surprised) but they have no idea how long before the car goes into production - could be months, is what I was told. :(
Sponsored

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, name is very familiar -- I have purchased multiple Audis over the years from the dealership.

BTW just got off the phone with the current GM who, in turn, spoke with the regional manager. Not great news for those that have been moved to the TBD status. There is no sense of timing now -- I was told it is related to supply chain issues (not surprised) but they have no idea how long before the car goes into production - could be months, is what I was told. :(
Yikes, that's not great to hear. I still have my own fingers crossed out here for the ST but man, these delays are just...ugh

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
While I'm still waiting for a build slot for my GTS ST order (placed nov 22). A dealer spec sedan GTS landed yesterday at my local dealer in Chicago. Was invited to take it for a spin and glad I did. Fantastic car. Can't wait to get rid of my Model 3 Performance for this.

It's a shame it had the full leather slate grey interior. This thing is begging for some GTS'isms and racetex.

Porsche Taycan GTS USA status 277471121_720810842264823_7301207590275660908_n

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
While I'm still waiting for a build slot for my GTS ST order (placed nov 22). A dealer spec sedan GTS landed yesterday at my local dealer in Chicago. Was invited to take it for a spin and glad I did. Fantastic car. Can't wait to get rid of my Model 3 Performance for this.

It's a shame it had the full leather slate grey interior. This thing is begging for some GTS'isms and racetex.

277471121_720810842264823_7301207590275660908_n.jpg
MotorWerks? I test drove the same car yesterday!

PCM6 was not installed (non-colored icons). Also noticed that the Electric Sport Sound was the new GTS-specific one...it's not too much different than the original ESS, but i wish that you could choose between the two.

This car was basically stock GTS, almost no upgrades...didn't even have power folding mirrors. The ride was fantastic. It felt much closer to a Turbo than to the 4S in terms of speed/accel.

Porsche Taycan GTS USA status 1649260477420

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
MotorWerks? I test drove the same car yesterday!

PCM6 was not installed (non-colored icons). Also noticed that the Electric Sport Sound was the new GTS-specific one...it's not too much different than the original ESS, but i wish that you could choose between the two.

This car was basically stock GTS, almost no upgrades...didn't even have power folding mirrors. The ride was fantastic. It felt much closer to a Turbo than to the 4S in terms of speed/accel.

1649260477420.png
Yep! Motorwerks. The plain slate grey interior was pretty boring, but all the racetex on the headliner and A-pillar made it feel pretty special. Can't wait for my GTS interior (full racetex of course) now.

Is somewhat disapointing that the acceleration isn't quite as violent in "everyday driving" as the Model 3 performance which makes it a hoot. But the launch control acceleration is dizzyingly fast, feels much faster than the M3P of course. Even in sport plus mode it doesn't accelerate as hard when mashing the throttle as the M3P it felt.

The sportdesign bumper definitely makes it stand out from the regular taycans (we went to the back lot to look at the 20+ taycans they have) and those side sills too. Makes me giddy for the ST shape, in lowered mode, with those wheels, in plain white, gahhhhh.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Yep! Motorwerks. The plain slate grey interior was pretty boring, but all the racetex on the headliner and A-pillar made it feel pretty special. Can't wait for my GTS interior (full racetex of course) now.

Is somewhat disapointing that the acceleration isn't quite as violent in "everyday driving" as the Model 3 performance which makes it a hoot. But the launch control acceleration is dizzyingly fast, feels much faster than the M3P of course. Even in sport plus mode it doesn't accelerate as hard when mashing the throttle as the M3P it felt.

The sportdesign bumper definitely makes it stand out from the regular taycans (we went to the back lot to look at the 20+ taycans they have) and those side sills too. Makes me giddy for the ST shape, in lowered mode, with those wheels, in plain white, gahhhhh.
Excellent! Perhaps I'll take a drive out there this weekend, assuming they won't sell it by then. Did either of you happen to take any pics of the slate grey interior? I know it's boring, but I'm considering it for lifestyle reasons and having young kids.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent! Perhaps I'll take a drive out there this weekend, assuming they won't sell it by then. Did either of you happen to take any pics of the slate grey interior? I know it's boring, but I'm considering it for lifestyle reasons and having young kids.
I only took one pic of the infotainment showing that PCM6 is not added...not much slate showing. I thought it looked nice, def better than black. For me, the exterior color is the priority and then the interior should compliment the exterior. White is probably the last color I'd choose for the Taycan.
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status 1649264132018

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I only took one pic of the infotainment showing that PCM6 is not added...not much slate showing. I thought it looked nice, def better than black. For me, the exterior color is the priority and then the interior should compliment the exterior. White is probably the last color I'd choose for the Taycan.
Thanks for posting. Do you recall if the race-tex roof lining and pillars were also in slate grey or were they black?

Anyhow, I currently have frozen blue on my build but having second thoughts and considering going white-ish with the chalk exterior. Not really sure what would go well with chalk in terms of leather options though, and I definitely don't want to go with all black. So it's either slate grey, bordeaux red/black, or chalk/black.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Do you recall if the race-tex roof lining and pillars were also in slate grey or were they black?

Anyhow, I currently have frozen blue on my build but having second thoughts and considering going white-ish with the chalk exterior. Not really sure what would go well with chalk in terms of leather options though, and I definitely don't want to go with all black. So it's either slate grey, bordeaux red/black, or chalk/black.
I ordered chalk exterior with bordeaux red/black. Best looking combo, IMO. Pictures don't do either color justice!

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1649264132018.png
I called to see if it was available - told it was sold

GTZ22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3
Country flag
GTS sedan: Chalk w/GTS chalk interior. ETA recently got pulled in by a week to 6/10, with production complete on 4/15. Fingers crossed it holds. Original ETA was 4/29 before the ship sank.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After remaining in the TBD realm now with no one able to define estimated timeframe on my custom build, I looked around and found a dealer allocated vehicle that was close to my my build - and went for it. Awaiting arrival at dealership from US port.

seems like all of the dealer builds are quite similar to each other: RS wheels with premium package and a few other options

as much as I would have liked a build to my specs, just a gut feeling it was going to be months.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I agree, I think it's into 2023 at this point.
Sponsored