Dropped mine off today. No heat!
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heating failure (no defrosting or defogging) is a safety defect in USA.

So far only 5 Taycan heating failure complaints to NHTSA. US Taycan owners must be OK with it.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Dropped mine off today. I heat!
[/QUOTE
Heating failure (no defrosting or defogging) is a safety defect in USA.

So far only 5 Taycan heating failure complaints to NHTSA. US Taycan owners must be OK with it.
Don’t take this the wrong way but why report it? If the heater fails you take the car back and they fix it. I am one of those cars. I used my car for over a month with no heat before dropping it off yesterday. When the car began to fog I turn on the heater which cleared the windows fine. The air was cold but it worked.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don’t take this the wrong way but why report it? If the heater fails you take the car back and they fix it. I am one of those cars. I used my car for over a month with no heat before dropping it off yesterday. When the car began to fog I turn on the heater which cleared the windows fine. The air was cold but it worked.
Good question.

Read the forum and the list of occurrences on github, and you will find a number of owners who have had repeated heater failures on the same car. A 2023 Taycan built in November 2022 and delivered has to have its heater replaced. Has the fix done on your car, and mine, fixed the problem, or will we have it happen again?

No heater does not mean fogging will always occur in cold weather. Fogging occurs when the dew point of the air in the car (humidity) is higher than the temp of the windshield. There are conditions in which clearing the window with cold air will not defog the windows. Read forum posts by owners who have had this occur.

Heaters are failing, and being replaced, in Taycans in model years from 2020 through 2023. Instead of determining the root cause of the problem and proactively fixing the causes, Porsche is waiting until they fail and letting owners and service departments repair them in the field.

Complaints to NHTSA about heating systems failing in Teslas got the NHTSA involved and a proactive response by Tesla.

Attention/interest from regulators will help motivate Porsche to provide proactive response to this now 4 year old continuing safety defect problem.

Standard 103: Windshield defrosting and defogging systems

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
And charging outside warranty, which will be a 5k$ excersize once it’s your turn. I’m opting for Porsche approved warranty once mine runs out in Dec. I’ve checked now with 3 dealers, outside warranty goodwill is not on the table.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Got the GTS back today, with a working heater - signs, wonders and miracles ;-)!

Jon101k

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S & Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114.
Country flag
I've been advised the part will come in on 17th Jan but no date for return of the car yet. Been at the dealer since 5th if anyone in UK is looking for rough time frames for parts to be delivered.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've been advised the part will come in on 17th Jan but no date for return of the car yet. Been at the dealer since 5th if anyone in UK is looking for rough time frames for parts to be delivered.
I think it's varying a lot between dealers.
Mine went in on 3rd Jan, part delivered 5th and I picked it up on 9th (surprisingly).

Last edited:

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Because it's a defect that warrants a recall. Porsche should replace ALL the heaters as a recall campaign. That would be the right, although much more expensive, thing to do.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And charging outside warranty, which will be a 5k$ excersize once it’s your turn. I’m opting for Porsche approved warranty once mine runs out in Dec. I’ve checked now with 3 dealers, outside warranty goodwill is not on the table.
Waiting out the first model year, then for an allocation, and now the build/delivery process… I was hoping I’d get lucky and MY23 wouldn’t have an issue as significant (and prolonged?) as the heater failing, particularly living in a cold weather region.

For those impacted (sorry!), please keep the updates coming. With an initial desire to hold onto to this car awhile, once it arrives, I may consider buying the extended warranty at delivery signing instead of waiting a couple years into ownership.

DLG432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine had no air at all coming out of the vents, not just no heat. So the windows and windscreen wouldnt demist at all - wiping the windscreen every 2 mins and opening the windows didnt help at all. It was a total disaster and incredibly unsafe.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Mine had no air at all coming out of the vents, not just no heat. So the windows and windscreen wouldnt demist at all - wiping the windscreen every 2 mins and opening the windows didnt help at all. It was a total disaster and incredibly unsafe.
Oh wow sorry to hear that! They told me on Monday that I need a new HV heater but they have no idea how long it will take them to get one. A local dealer has one but my dealer said they will not give it to them. So for now I am in a loaner! No big deal, saves me miles on my car (-:
Sponsored