Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine suddey fogged up while driving last night, but then started working again normally, after I switched demist on.

I will monitor it for a few days.

Its very strange how so many 20/21 cars are failing this winter. 🤔

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Your post pretty much reflects my position exactly; my 2020 4S has been in 5 times this year for the heating problem that many are reporting. I had to drive the car 750 miles in -6C conditions and the interior glass froze, leaving me no option but to spray de-icer on a cloth and wipe it every 15 seconds, which was obviously very dangerous, but I had no option. In desperation, I even bought some candles and sat them on the dash to heat the screen - I kid you not.
Porsche said they had no courtesy car for a month and when I contacted Porsche assist they told me “thousands” had the same problem. The recovery driver said he’d just come from dropping another Taycan off with the same problem - 40 at that dealer alone.
18 days they had the car in November and still no further forward. It’s just not acceptable for a prestige brand like this, especially when the the courtesy car replacing my expensive Taycan is a Vauxhall Crossland, which has a perfect heating matrix.
simply not good enough from Porsche lost all faith in the car and looking to replace

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine suddey fogged up while driving last night, but then started working again normally, after I switched demist on.

I will monitor it for a few days.

Its very strange how so many 20/21 cars are failing this winter. 🤔
No just 2o20 / 22 just got a few reports of failure 2023 model

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
mine was recovered to the Cardiff Dealership last Tuesday as the heating failed. The update yesterday from the dealership was bascailly no update.They have no idea when the part will arrive, so nothing is going to happen in the next couple of weeks. Very disappointing.
Porsche Hatfield has my car exactly 2 weeks today & not a single line of communication. Absolutely ridiculous. I will not be chasing them for an update as want to see how long it takes them to contact with any information.
Also earlier this week they put the car on private mode so cannot even see what if anything is happening.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Make sure you cost them and get it recover as it won’t demist screen
I have already spoken to the dealer and will get Porsche Assist out sometime next week.
Car is at home, can use wife's.

Dealer knew as soon as I started talking what the problem was. They used their last replacement heater today unfortunately. More on order.

I will also fill in the DVLA form.

OP
OP
Bertibasset

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
massive problem including the Audi e trons it’s a £1360.00 part and 9 hours to fit I am told and certainly don’t want a bill like that when warranty runs out
Didn’t mention Porsche charge £185.00 an hour Labour her in the UK

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
It would be interesting to know how service diagnoses the problem as failed valve assembly instead of failed high-voltage electric heater.
This is what is happening to some Teslas, there is a valve that can get frozen and breaks when activated. Tesla were apparently able to fix it with a software update.
Sponsored