Country flag
Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Am I the first of the season? I managed to escape the failures over last year but mine has failed today.

Maybe I've missed some posts on this on here but the Dealer suggested there's a replacement part now rather than fitting the same defective unit?
One reported defect on the Belgian Facebook page this week. Temperatures are lowering and heaters failing again. Or at least diagnosed now.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
It is my hope that Porsche would do the right thing and do a voluntary retrofit as opposed to waiting for the 1st Gen units to fail. They seem to fail during the most extreme conditions. Not good for your first EV. Again - Porsche if you are listening……

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
It is my hope that Porsche would do the right thing and do a voluntary retrofit as opposed to waiting for the 1st Gen units to fail. They seem to fail during the most extreme conditions. Not good for your first EV. Again - Porsche if you are listening……
Porsche in Norway is apparently doing a voluntary retrofit of the heaters. Mine packed it in this weekend and I was told it was already due to be replaced in a few weeks time when I'm booked in for the 2 year service.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
My Taycan got flat-bedded away this morning for a new heater.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
My heater stopped working yesterday.

29th November before OPC can look at it.

Two-day turnaround when we get there apparently and the parts are available in the UK. Hopefully it is an uprated part compared to the failed one?!

Reactions: 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I just can’t wait until it’s my turn for this!

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
First heater replaced in Feb 2023.

Pretty sure replacement unit has failed. Made a dealer appointment to have it checked. Said it would be one hour to diagnose and then I'll take back in when they confirm parts availability.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
First heater replaced in Feb 2023.

Pretty sure replacement unit has failed. Made a dealer appointment to have it checked. Said it would be one hour to diagnose and then I'll take back in when they confirm parts availability.
That is bad news. I presumed that mine was replaced with a new one in December 2022. Do you know if you had the uodated version? I remember posting part numbers of the new one last year. I hope the story doesn’t start all over again.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
At the time of replacement I recall the service tech telling me they replaced with the same unit as the factory build, so don't be surprised if it fails again. Hence my lack of surprise.
Looks like my low expectations have been met!

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
Just adding mine to the statistic. 2023 RWD, no heat this morning :(. I sent an email to my dealer to find out when they can replace the broken unit.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just adding mine to the statistic. 2023 RWD, no heat this morning :(. I sent an email to my dealer to find out when they can replace the broken unit.
Could you ask them if they can check your heater online / confirm the defect. My dealer told me they could. Not sure however (other thread)
Sponsored