Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
You're doing an excellent job with the SoH conditions..... time to start a new thread relating mileage / climate and heater failure 🙈
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So basically Porsche is saying that any Taycan that uses the heater ‘frequently’ in cold weather is highly likely to have it fail I.e. we all have a faulty part that will ultimately fail but for those of us in climates with less freq use chances are it will fail out of warranty - that is seriously bogus to me. If a fundamentally flawed piece of equipment was installed in our cars from the factory, there should be a universal replacement campaign - period.
I agree with you.
Per the article from Norway I attached (posted originally by a forum member in Norway), Porsche is going to replace the heaters but it does not have enough replacements to do that all at once.
When the USA heater campaign TSB came out, my car was not on the list. I called PCNA and was told that there were 475 VINS on the heater recall but it was likely the number of VINs would be increased over time.
My heater failed in Dec 2022 and was replaced, but the replacement is one manufactured before Feb, 2023.
The question for those of us not on the recall list is whether our cars will get added to the list and have heaters replaced before they fail.

Attachments

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I agree with you.
Per the article from Norway I attached (posted originally by a forum member in Norway), Porsche is going to replace the heaters but it does not have enough replacements to do that all at once.
When the USA heater campaign TSB came out, my car was not on the list. I called PCNA and was told that there were 475 VINS on the heater recall but it was likely the number of VINs would be increased over time.
My heater failed in Dec 2022 and was replaced, but the replacement is one manufactured before Feb, 2023.
The question for those of us not on the recall list is whether our cars will get added to the list and have heaters replaced before they fail.
Yep I have absolutely no issue replacing failed units first and for the rest of us waiting however long it takes to access enough parts to do a proper universal campaign - but of course the latter is not what they are currently doing/offering which again is just lame imo.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep I have absolutely no issue replacing failed units first and for the rest of us waiting however long it takes to access enough parts to do a proper universal campaign - but of course the latter is not what they are currently doing/offering which again is just lame imo.
Let's hope that they actually diagnosed the heater failure problem this time and the post-Feb 14 2023 heaters are really fixed.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Since the email says your replacement heater is available, hopefully the dealer won't tell you need to a wait a while to get the part.
I made an appointment for March after calling my local NorCal dealer who confirmed that they are aware of the recall and do have the necessary parts.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
From Porsche VSP Part 5 Exclusions From Coverage:
1706880176418.png

You did not know at time of your VSP purchase, so you are OK, unless VSP tries to invoke some other exclusion.
What if they go through the forum history and prove that everyone on here knew the Taycan heaters were defective since they've been failing for years? Even worse if someone actually commented on a thread about failing heaters. Time to adjust my aluminum foil helmet now....

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Knowing you're driving with a heater that will fail at any time makes the car unreliable for customers who like to drive their cars farther than a few miles away from home. It's not like Porsche will helicopter me a replacement heater with a pit crew to repair it on the side of the road if I get stuck with a bad heater in the mountains somewhere while road tripping. Perhaps they assume most Porsche owners buy their cars as display pieces for their driveways and garages.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Knowing you're driving with a heater that will fail at any time makes the car unreliable for customers who like to drive their cars farther than a few miles away from home. It's not like Porsche will helicopter me a replacement heater with a pit crew to repair it on the side of the road if I get stuck with a bad heater in the mountains somewhere while road tripping. Perhaps they assume most Porsche owners buy their cars as display pieces for their driveways and garages.
Exactly this. I am doing quite some longer trips. Especially during winter trips I am always waiting for it to fail again. I catch my self feeling every now and then if the heater mounts are still blowing hot air. Every morning on winter holiday I am relieved when I look outside and the car is preconditioning. Even more when we drive back home early in the morning and pre conditioning worked. I just wish they would give me a good heater. Asked for it but they said they are not all failing and many are driving around with their first heater. I corrected him saying they are still driving around with the first, for now.

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Exactly this. I am doing quite some longer trips. Especially during winter strips I am always waiting for it to fail again. I catch my self feeling every now and then if the heater mounts are still blowing hot air. Every morning on slaying holiday I am relieved when I look outside and the car is preconditioning. Even more when we drive back home early in the morning and pre conditioning worked. I just wish they would give me a good heater. Asked for it but they said they are not all failing and many are driving around with their first heater. I corrected him saying they are still driving around with the first, for now.
Yep, same here. Sitting here in a mild 8c Dublin while looking at a -15c Oslo next week! Around 10% of all Taycan's sold in Ireland have had or are in the queue to get their heaters replaced from a defect that was present when the product left the factory.

Yet, we still don't have a pro-active replacement campaign here.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yep, same here. Sitting here in a mild 8c Dublin while looking at a -15c Oslo next week! Around 10% of all Taycan's sold in Ireland have had or are in the queue to get their heaters replaced from a defect that was present when the product left the factory.

Yet, we still don't have a pro-active replacement campaign here.
There is no proactive campaign here in France either. I already got my heater replaced in April 2022 when the first failed. But the service department maintain that the heater is good and a newer revision. I was quite nervous driving in Sweden and Norway with down to minus 20C, but all went well on that front.

Car is going to Porsche tomorrow for a lot of warranty work and investigations around communications, charge ports, charge sockets and sw updates. Plus battery health check has been requested, but let us see what they do? There is something not quite right with my battery again.

I asked for a heater replacement but no response.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is no proactive campaign here in France either. I already got my heater replaced in April 2022 when the first failed. But the service department maintain that the heater is good and a newer revision. I was quite nervous driving in Sweden and Norway with down to minus 20C, but all went well on that front.

Car is going to Porsche tomorrow for a lot of warranty work and investigations around communications, charge ports, charge sockets and sw updates. Plus battery health check has been requested, but let us see what they do? There is something not quite right with my battery again.

I asked for a heater replacement but no response.
Heater thread (1 of several) post # 400. Congrats!
:like:

The Kraken

First Name
Gregor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi I'm new to the forum. Got my Taycan 4s in Mar 22 and I've now had two heater failures and multiple electrical problems - 13 on the current list, mostly minor but it does make you think what is further down the road...? Had to wait 2 months for a loan car to become available as insisted on same or better. Last time it was in I was given an Aston 4 x 4, and you really want to avoid one of those...if you can. Love driving the Taycan though, just a shame they can't sort out the reliability issues...

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Mine quit this past weekend. The dealership has responded quickly. The replacement is being shipped from Toronto, and they’ll install on Thursday. I suspect these parts are being held at Porsche Canada Toronto and shipped as failures occur around the country.
APB6 charge cable 🤔?, and WPB 9 thermal management update came up to be done as well. Should be interesting to see how this all works out.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I was hoping this damn thread would die (of natural causes, mind), as indeed by now this failure seems to be one of simply "when". Wondering if I should leave my car outside for a few nights - while it's still winter.

As a reminder to those who have their cars serviced - check your charging settings upon receiving the car back. I discovered (recently and by accident) that the 'gentle charging' option was enabled, which must have happened when the car was in for the battery leakdown recall.
Sponsored