Help buying slightly used Taycan

loomstate69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi All, I am going to buy a used Taycan soon and ship to me (I likely wont find my spec in state). I was originally targeting CPO cars for the peace of mind, but starting to rethink this strategy, as I dont think there's too much value in CPO Warranty, and can find my ideal build + save a bit of money by buying a non-CPO. Im planning on buying a 2021/22 with under 10k miles, for reference.

I found a 22 Taycan with 6k miles, original owner, and dealership is out of state, great rating online. With manufacturers warranty, I dont think there's too much to be worried about not being able to test drive and see in person. I'm just planning on getting detailed pictures and video walkthrough.

Just looking for some feedback - is CPO a better route? Anything specifically that I should be looking for? I found my ideal build and the non-porsche dealer has great rating and everything seems legit. Thanks.
Sponsored

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I dont think there's too much to be worried about not being able to test drive and see in person. I'm just planning on getting detailed pictures and video walkthrough.
In my opinion, if you're spending north of $100,000, do yourself a favor and go see the car.
Recently I was buying a piece of property sight unseen for 7 figures and decided to take a look at it before we closed. And I'm glad I did because it was totally wrong.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
My only concern would be the condition of the interior and exterior. I bought my CT4 unseen but it was new. I did enough research that I was comfortable purchasing but I also knew since it was new it would be "new" inside and out. If you can get video/pictures and you feel comfortable I would go for it.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
dawg, you're spending 100 grand on a depreciating asset. go see the car before purchase.

Obi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve purchased 3 porsches out of state (all used and CPO) without seeing prior to purchase and they have all been as advertised with no surprises upon arrival. I think the cars being CPO and being purchased from a Porsche dealership helped ease my anxiety of purchasing site unseen. I don’t think you need to necessarily see the car if the car fax/vehicle report is clean, and you pay for a PPI to be done prior to purchase agreement. I’m sure you’ll be sent videos and pictures.

Unless you’re a mechanic you’re probably not going to notice anything on a 5 minute test drive, that can’t be picked up on pics and video. A reputable dealer likely isn’t trying to get over on you.

My CPO 2020 Taycan turbo was purchased from Porsche of Austin and I live in phoenix. I traded my 2017 panamera turbo for it and I never saw the Taycan prior to purchase and the dealership never saw my panamera prior to agreeing to take it in on trade. They delivered the Taycan to me and picked up the panamera at the same time. Each party was satisfied.

It can be nerve racking initially but many people do business like this each day. Just a little due diligence on your part and all should be fine. It is still under warranty.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi All, I am going to buy a used Taycan soon and ship to me (I likely wont find my spec in state). I was originally targeting CPO cars for the peace of mind, but starting to rethink this strategy, as I dont think there's too much value in CPO Warranty, and can find my ideal build + save a bit of money by buying a non-CPO. Im planning on buying a 2021/22 with under 10k miles, for reference.

I found a 22 Taycan with 6k miles, original owner, and dealership is out of state, great rating online. With manufacturers warranty, I dont think there's too much to be worried about not being able to test drive and see in person. I'm just planning on getting detailed pictures and video walkthrough.

Just looking for some feedback - is CPO a better route? Anything specifically that I should be looking for? I found my ideal build and the non-porsche dealer has great rating and everything seems legit. Thanks.
If you are purchasing from a Porsche dealership, then buyer be ware! A current model year should easily qualify for CPO. If not, there is typically a reason. It’s worth finding out why before proceeding. A Mfg CPO stamp is a way to vouch for the vehicle’s pedigree. Sometimes they will tell you that they are just trying to save you money by not adding the cost of CPO. Be sure to do some digging to verify.

Austintin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2014
Country flag
When purchasing a used Taycan, it's important to thoroughly research the vehicle's history and condition. Obtain a vehicle history report, review any available maintenance records, and inspect the vehicle closely for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
Whether to go for a CPO or non-CPO vehicle ultimately depends on your personal preferences and budget. As long as you do your due diligence and thoroughly research the vehicle's history and condition, you should be able to find a reliable and enjoyable Taycan to suit your needs.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
make sure to get full carfax, and check it was not salvage car. sounds like it will have at least 2 years warranty left. if it were me i would go cpo, just to secure the extra warranty and know there are no issues with car

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I would only buy a CPO if I was in your shoes. These cars are have a lot of technology and having that extra piece of mind that if a screen goes out or the heater (probably has not been replaced yet) you have the warranty in place. Just my 2 cents.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
As others have said, you're spending over US$100k so I urge you to see it with your own eyes and inspect it thoroughly (including service history and CARFAX).

Before going, however, ask the seller if they can arrange so that the sale takes place in your state.

To save shipping, you could fly there and drive it back. But check with your state's insurance requirements first. Good luck!

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
i would never buy a used car unless it was CPO. But that's just me. Zero scientific basis behind my decision, just anecdotal experiences buying used cars.

Your decision is simply based off your comfort and risk level. Nothing anyone can say here will determine if its a good idea or not.

Gary Gerrard

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo, and 2017 911 Turbo
Country flag

I bought a 2021 Taycan Turbo with 3300 miles without CPO, but I saw and drove the car and verified it still had over one year of the new warranty left. I figure if there's a problem, it will show up within a year. Also, when I got it, I had my local mechanic run the diagnostic program on it to look for any faults, and I scheduled it for dealer diagnosis immediately. So far I love it and no problems, except learning the new aspects of an electric car that go with any car I bought.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Also, check the "who charges to 100% SOC"(always) thread to see if the car you're looking at belonged to any of those perps.... :p
I have never charged mine to 100% - it's for sale BTW.
Sponsored