daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you will charge faster than with a Tesla supercharger.
a non-functional charging station provide no charging - this is the case with most EA charging sessions - the Taycan does not charge faster than Supercharger if the station isn't working - it's been my experience to date with EA that most of the time their stations don't work.

so there is a big caveat here - this is only true if EA actually works - YMMV
Sponsored

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
a non-functional charging station provide no charging - this is the case with most EA charging sessions - the Taycan does not charge faster than Supercharger if the station isn't working - it's been my experience to date with EA that most of the time their stations don't work.

so there is a big caveat here - this is only true if EA actually works - YMMV
I know that EA charging has had major hiccups along the way, but it’s worth mentioning that your mileage may vary at EA chargers, with the experience for some differing greatly from others.

I took delivery of my 4S in April, and plug and charge worked right out of the box. As a whole, charging worked well until AZ summer temps rolled in. For about 6 weeks, I had to play the game of reading up on Plugshare before getting to a charger, and trying different cabinets at a station as there appeared to be overheating issues causing low charging rates and disconnections. It was incredibly frustrating and unacceptable! With that said, I started seeing EA work on the stations, some software appeared to have been updated, and the issues went away. I have had 0 problems since….

To qualify my use of chargers in the plural, I use 6 of the 8 stations in the metro Phoenix area including different brand cabinets from BTC, ABB, and Signet. I regularly charge outside the home as I rack up miles for both work and fun (10,300 in 7 in a half months…I should probably slow down soon!). I have also used 2 other stations in AZ along with 2 in Las Vegas without issue since July, charging at great speeds. And on another note regarding availability, I happen to have (4) EA stations closer to my residence than the nearest supercharger(!)

I’m definitely not suggesting that EA is perfect or doesn’t still have major hiccups at locations. However, suggesting in broad strokes that they don’t work most of the time isn’t accurate anymore by my experience.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Come on, you have no post without mentioning Tesla...
I've never start a post quote Tesla. But reacted on some unbalanced ones that brought up Tesla, keeping our mind clear. Pro and con as well. Heir for example explained why the Taycan's regen system maybe better than Tesla's.
But never started (or finished) with pejorative pronouncement like you do.

Finally please check out the title of this topic: 'Help! Calling ex Tesla Model 3 owners":giggle:
I just don't get it, I drive MS90D for 6 years, and never ever have posted a single message in a T forum. I certainly would not even dream about posting stuff about my Taycan.

Read this whole thread (If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3) and then tell me, if there is anybody in this form eager to know more about T and your M3?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Obviously you have not been a Tesla customer for any length of time, or follow Elon and his promises. Want to see the Software Development Kit for Tesla infotainment coming "soon" since 2013, or see the coast-to-coast autonomous demo by end of 2017, or robo-taxi fleet by end of 2020, or Roadster 2020? Hint, none of them materialized. The only hope is Elon invents a time machine.

The new "build back better" federal spending bill has big money in grants for EV charging infrastructure, but comes with a qualification that the charging network must be compatible with more than one manufacturers. This is why Elon announced that they will open the superchargers. Opening superchargers in the USA will likely go the same route as Tesla's famous battery swap - they will do the absolute minimum required to qualify for the government subsidies.
Yep, all his businesses is all about grabbing tax payer money and then run (sell 5B in T Stock to convert it in real money) and let everybody else deal with the ruins.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
There is no “mythical person”, but there are some real people. The modus operandi is to ignore the obvious and incontrovertible merits of another vehicle while pointing out equally obvious inferior points vis-a-vis Porsche. Reasonably common commentary on car forums. Surprised this has escaped your notice, lol. By way of example, ignoring superior software, acceleration, innovation, and value while focusing on handling, interior quality, and prestige. All very valid points; all worthy of mention.
I think you got it all wrong!
  • Taycan acceleration is excellent!
  • Porsche got prices for the Taycan for most innovative car!
  • Superior software? Taycan has better software in my experience!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yep, all his businesses is all about grabbing tax payer money and then run (sell 5B in T Stock to convert it in real money) and let everybody else deal with the ruins.
He's actually advocating against the subsidies. BUT if the government insists on putting them in place (and mixing them up with social spending programs, but that is another topic for another thread), it makes no sense not to take them, as that would give the advantage to competitors who will take them.

All I was saying is that Elon dreams big, but his love for hype and attention is even bigger, so is very glib and literal in his statements (e.g. Tesla sold a P85D car advertised to have 691hp motor power, took 2 years for Tesla to admit that yes, the motors could produce this much power, but not in the car they were sold in, where the power was limited to 463hp by the battery and its fuse). Elon took the car salesman stereotype into the 21st century, which is why all his promises must be interpreted through a proper lens - what he says may never materialize, or at best will materialize in the most literal and minimalistic interpretation (another example, Elon said during Auto Pilot 1 reveal that the car will find and meet the owner anywhere on private property - real world implementation for AutoPilot 1 is that the car will drive up to 40 feet straight in a forward or backward direction while someone holds a dead-man-switch making sure the car will not hit anything - more than a little underwhelming considering the hype from Elon).

Last edited:

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I just don't get it, I drive MS90D for 6 years, and never ever have posted a single message in a T forum. I certainly would not even dream about posting stuff about my Taycan.

Read this whole thread (If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3) and then tell me, if there is anybody in this form eager to know more about T and your M3?
Forums are about freedom -on this part of the world at least, with some basic rules as politeness, acceptance etc. This topic is about M3 mostly, hard not to talk about it. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Well thank you for all of your responses. I'm not completely convinced that the Taycan is overall the better package for me over my Tesla M3P therefore i will just have both of them haha!. I have been told by my local dealer in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, that lead times are Q3 2022 which seems a very distant date away. When i eventually get the Taycan i will report back with a comprehensive direct comparison and my final verdict. Financially if it's possible to keep both cars then i will but if not then i will have to get rid of one of them so we shall see. If depreciation remain zero/minimal on the Taycan this time next year then there is a big chance i will be able to keep both cars until it no longer financially makes sense

My spec is as followed: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRTVHX3

Any comments/critiques on my build spec would be much appreciated

Last edited:

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Well thank you for all of your responses. I'm not completely convinced that the Taycan is overall the better package for me over my Tesla M3P therefore i will just have both of them haha!. I have been told by my local dealer in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, that lead times are Q3 2022 which seems a very distant date away. When i eventually get the Taycan i report back with a comprehensive direct comparison and my final verdict. Financially if it's possible to keep both cars then i will but if not then i will have to get rid of one of them so we shall see. If depreciation remain zero/minimal on the Taycan this time next year then there is a big chance i will be able to keep both cars
If you get a Taycan drop me a message. I'm in Sunderland. We can have a blast out into the Northumberland twisties for coffee and cake mate stop :)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My spec is as followed: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRTVHX3

Any comments/critiques on my build spec would be much appreciated
8-way seats are not comfortable after some seat time
Spring for full leather - it's worth it
White face chrono
Air suspension/PASM
Base wheels are ugly
Get painted mirrors
Model designation delete
Ambient lighting

Helixer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Carrera 991.2 and 2020 Cayenne
Country flag
Could you be so polite and write a few less messages about T in this Porsche Taycan forum? ;) :giggle:
Feye, given the name of this thread, your comments have to be a joke, right?

Also, you don't seem to like Elon Musk, which is certainly your prerogative, but I would say to you, and whitex, that a strong argument can be made that he's the most influential man in the auto industry since Henry Ford. Aside from re-writing the playbook of every car manufacturer in the world and forcing them to spend tens of billions of dollars in the process, the longer term effects of the EV revolution and autonomous driving will be huge as well. Referring to Elon as a 21st century car salesman may have some merit as that applies to his hyperbole, but it's also a bit like calling Albert Einstein a good math teacher. His achievements to date, including making himself the wealthiest man in the world, are nothing short of spectacular.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag

Dude, we get it, you don't like Tesla. You're not contributing anything to the thread. Every time the word is mentioned you get triggered. Often for no reason.

I can completely understand being exactly in the OP's shoes, why he asks the questions and where his curiosity comes from. This isn't a Tesla troll. It's a person genuinely used to some things that Tesla does well (and I know you can't fathom they do anything well based on your experience, but that does not match other people's experience). Your experience is your own, and yours alone. I'm not at all invalidating your experience. However that doesn't mean that it invalidates someone else's experience.

This thread totally has merit. Move on already.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Superior software? Taycan has better software in my experience
your experience is your experience, but concluding Porsche’s software is a better package than Tesla’s is a “unique” perspective and generally not shared by virtually anyone - formal car reviewers, owners, former owners, and even Tesla haters…

continue the unmitigated hate of Tesla - it’s clearly your super power and doesn’t cloud your perspective one bit - you do you.

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
I see this on a lot of car forum's, People hate on Tesla undeservedly and Tesla fanboys love on Tesla to an obnoxious degree. For me one of the worst thing about owning a Tesla was other Tesla owners. You would swear they bought a Bugatti, and a Tesla is the greatest car evar. At the same time the ICE brigade pile on the hate for tesla because they feel it threatens their way of life or something.

At the end of the day we all like the same things. A Porsche was never a value proposition, or even the fastest car for the money. Tesla owners are generally all excited about straight line speed and whoopie cushion sounds and more power to them. Porsche owners are all excited about backroad driving, 50k worth of options that are standard on a Ford Focus and posing.

At the end of the day we all sit in the same traffic farting into our seats.
Sponsored