drjay71

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Yes, I know color is personal but I would like to get a feel for what this forum likes. Currently, I have an Ice Grey on order with Mission E wheels but I am being told that it may not arrive for at least 3 more months. My dealer has a Gentian Blue, standard black and standard white available and all have the 20" turbo aero wheels which I like. I am hoping the dealer gets some better options for me like Jet Black metallic, Dolomite, Carrara white, or Vocano Grey (love all 4). I would save a fair amount of money and time by just going with one of the inventory models.

What would you guys do? Personally, I am liking the Gentian Blue or white and think it's worth saving the roughly $8K.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
My car is Carter’s White. When I went to pick it up, there was Gentian Blue on the showroom floor. It was stunning! I would have been happy with the colour.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is Carter’s White. When I went to pick it up, there was Gentian Blue on the showroom floor. It was stunning! I would have been happy with the colour.
I have a Gentian Blue. It's a bit of a chameleon. When clean, in the sunlight it sparkles. When the the light dims it goes to a blue black. My simple rule of thumb is in hot climates get light colors and in cold climates get dark colors.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Are the other options fitted to these available vehicles in line with what you were after?

If not I would be pretty reluctant to compromise and a 3 month wait isn't bad to get exactly what you want.

Unless you don't keep cars very long.

BTW, we have Tanzanite blue on our M850i and I would absolutely not ever buy a dark blue car again. Stunning when clean, but a pain to maintain showing up any dirt, scratch or imperfection. I think it's harder to maintain than black even. It looks dirty very quickly.

Granted I do love Gentian and the Tanzanite Blue from BMW is a bit darker and more mettalic.

OP
OP
drjay71

drjay71

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Are the other options fitted to these available vehicles in line with what you were after?

If not I would be pretty reluctant to compromise and a 3 month wait isn't bad to get exactly what you want.

Unless you don't keep cars very long.

BTW, we have Tanzanite blue on our M850i and I would absolutely not ever buy a dark blue car again. Stunning when clean, but a pain to maintain showing up any dirt, scratch or imperfection. I think it's harder to maintain than black even. It looks dirty very quickly.

Granted I do love Gentian and the Tanzanite Blue from BMW is a bit darker and more mettalic.
Yes absolutely spec'd like I would want and ordered. Thanks

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My simple rule of thumb is in hot climates get light colors and in cold climates get dark colors.
Ugh. I live in the Midwest. Guess I’ll have to get a two-tone. ?‍♂

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Go with whatever you like. But personally I would avoid black, white and grey in all their versions. Don't get me wrong, the car looks amazing in e. g. Volcano or black or silver, but to many such cars out there (in all brands in general) we need more colour out there on the roads! ?

Mamba, Cherry or Gentian are top of my list. Mine is Cherry, didn't have the b*lls to go for Mamba, but if you can sell the mamba to the missus...??

Porsche Taycan HELP me choose a color. 20210109_093006

FullyLoaded4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Would have loved to have the Gentian Blue, but went with Volcano in the end. Too much maintenance with the Gentian Blue I was told by many, but does look stunning. Dolomite Silver has a blue hue which isn’t my favorite. Volcano is a bit dark for a grey color, but really sparkles in sunlight. Would be great if Porsche offered something in between. Don’t pick the non-metallic options as you’ll see every tiny scratch instantly. That is at least how the showroom cars I’ve seen has been.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I voted other. I love crayon but I ended up with Gentian blue as my Panamera is crayon.
honestly. I struggled with this blue. It didn’t pop for me. In bright light it was a bit washed out, unless it had just be washed and waxed in which case it was glorious. In the dark, well, it just did nothing. I decided to get a full satin PPF this week and the difference is remarkable. Regardless of light the car (Webber) looks stunning. (Like a young Burt Reynolds).
Porsche Taycan HELP me choose a color. 44BD7F10-2A96-4946-B2FF-199061726CB8
Porsche Taycan HELP me choose a color. 6FCF8C43-E71E-403A-B5C9-B4AF741B02FD
Porsche Taycan HELP me choose a color. 45A58356-76EA-4455-8F9A-3D8D3E7F6E52