Which color

• Total voters

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
I voted other. I love crayon but I ended up with Gentian blue as my Panamera is crayon.
honestly. I struggled with this blue. It didn’t pop for me. In bright light it was a bit washed out, unless it had just be washed and waxed in which case it was glorious. In the dark, well, it just did nothing. I decided to get a full satin PPF this week and the difference is remarkable. Regardless of light the car (Webber) looks stunning. (Like a young Burt Reynolds).
44BD7F10-2A96-4946-B2FF-199061726CB8.jpeg
6FCF8C43-E71E-403A-B5C9-B4AF741B02FD.jpeg
45A58356-76EA-4455-8F9A-3D8D3E7F6E52.jpeg
What is a satin PPF?

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
I have a mamba 4S and more people compliment the color than the car itself at times. It has about 3 distinct shades of green and in the sun it really stands out. It definitely grabs attention. It’s not nearly as difficult to keep it looking clean like black and dark blues which I have painfully had in the past. I love Gentian Blue, but I just wanted a standout look to match the amazing curves of the vehicle.

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Go with whatever you like. But personally I would avoid black, white and grey in all their versions. Don't get me wrong, the car looks amazing in e. g. Volcano or black or silver, but to many such cars out there (in all brands in general) we need more colour out there on the roads! ?

Mamba, Cherry or Gentian are top of my list. Mine is Cherry, didn't have the b*lls to go for Mamba, but if you can sell the mamba to the missus...??

20210109_093006.jpg
I'll venture to say that there is a pattern with some women not being too fond of green. I also lost the battle with wanting to get the Green Mamba on the ride. Ironically, women are more conscious than men regarding issues with the environment. They seem to enjoy basking in an eco-friendly way of life more than men and yet the color green turns them off. Hmmm....

Last edited:

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Out of the listed colors I’d say Ice Grey. But if paying for a premium color I think Chalk stands above all in person. Seen it at the dealer on a Taycan with Mission E’s in Gloss Black - stunning.

Mine (due in July) is Carrera White w/ Mission E’s in body color and I’m stoked for that as well but if $ and fear that Chalk could possibly get old (similar to the Matte Black phenomenon of yester-year) were not factors I’d be going Chalk.

I actually almost went with Black, but have had a black car in the past and just couldn’t commit to the overwhelming upkeep at my current stage of life - maybe will give it a go in 15 years when I’m retired and the kiddos are out of the house.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I'm in the 'Not 50 shades of grey' camp. Classic Porsches always look great in more interesting colours. Mahogany looks great and Mamba is also reminiscent of 70's and 80's Porsche colours that are now so sought after. I think I currently favour Neptune Blue. I love the non-metallic colours.

Heinekennut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 Range Rover Sport, 1973 TR6
Country flag
I got Gentian Blue by default (only one at the dealership that had my specs), and I've not been disappointed. Beautiful in the sun and I get so so many comments on the color alone.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I got Gentian Blue by default (only one at the dealership that had my specs), and I've not been disappointed. Beautiful in the sun and I get so so many comments on the color alone.
I have Gentian Blue with Crayon interior ...

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same here. Gentian blue, crayon interior. It works well.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Just a general comment.....try to see colors in person. Do not rely 100% on pics or the configurator.
Dark colors, in general, tone-down subtle body lines and curves.....lighter makes those easier to see.
Porsche built the Mission E pre-productions in white and the fleet of test-mules (Taycan body) in black.....for some reasons.

mamba

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll venture to say that there is a pattern with some women not being too fond of green. I also lost the battle with wanting to get the Green Mamba on the ride. Ironically, women are more conscious than men regarding issues with the environment. They seem to enjoy basking in an eco-friendly way of life more than men and yet the color green turns them off. Hmmm....
My wife and daughters love the colour and I have had only positive comments from women...

Goran

First Name
Goran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I know color is personal but I would like to get a feel for what this forum likes. Currently, I have an Ice Grey on order with Mission E wheels but I am being told that it may not arrive for at least 3 more months. My dealer has a Gentian Blue, standard black and standard white available and all have the 20" turbo aero wheels which I like. I am hoping the dealer gets some better options for me like Jet Black metallic, Dolomite, Carrara white, or Vocano Grey (love all 4). I would save a fair amount of money and time by just going with one of the inventory models.

What would you guys do? Personally, I am liking the Gentian Blue or white and think it's worth saving the roughly $8K.
Mamba green. Looks amazing in real life.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
My wife and daughters love the colour and I have had only positive comments from women...
Luckily mine did too, they insisted on the Green with satin aurum wheels, not totally sold on that choice but can always swap them out.
Sponsored