Help! White or Carrera White Met

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi Guys
I know there is a few threads about colours but need some advice on mine so sorry for posting another.

I’m thinking of White or Carrera White metallic

any advise or comments would be great without seeing the car in both colours it’s hard to decide
Dan
Sponsored

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Guys
I know there is a few threads about colours but need some advice on mine so sorry for posting another.

I’m thinking of White or Carrera White metallic

any advise or comments would be great without seeing the car in both colours it’s hard to decide
Dan
I like the metallic one because once the car gets older the metallic paint will generally keep the car looking shinier. So, unless you regularly wash and wax your car, to me having the metallic paint will keep the car looking nicer longer.

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I like the metallic one because once the car gets older the metallic paint will generally keep the car looking shinier. So, unless you regularly wash and wax your car, to me having the metallic paint will keep the car looking nicer longer.
thanks mate, I’m not one for keeping cars clean they are for driving In my opinion

I’ve never been a big fan of white but I think it suits the car especially with the black gloss window frames, tinted windows and pano roof

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
I do not thing you Can see the difference. I was also thinking white, and at my Porsche center the dealer really had to look at the cars to tell me witch one were metallic or not! It was cloudy not sunny the day! I changed to Silver

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I think both whites work surprisingly well, especially with the black tinted rear windows, with the white metallic maybe having a small edge. The good news is: You have a hard choice, but won't be mistaken anyway :D!!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Definitely like the metallic Carerra white. There is a reason this is normally an extra cost option - pretty much on every other car. Metallic white holds up incredibly well, and looks 'deeper' IMO.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally agree on the metallic white. I think it’s going to make the Taycan look phenomenal in person. I’m getting mine in metallic white and got the glossy black window trim to further offset the body color. As cool as the Mamba Green and Genetian Blue look (and that ice blue is really growing on me), I want a car as close to the Mission E look as I can afford.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Totally agree on the metallic white. I think it’s going to make the Taycan look phenomenal in person. I’m getting mine in metallic white and got the glossy black window trim to further offset the body color. As cool as the Mamba Green and Genetian Blue look (and that ice blue is really growing on me), I want a car as close to the Mission E look as I can afford.
Yah I really like the Ice Blue..... very close to the old Gulf Blue but in metallic.... also the speckles are both silver and gold so color changes a lot in the specific lighting situation.... I will probably end up striping up a nice GULF ornament as part of my customisation……… :)

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cheers guys
This is my build
Really does look nice in white with black flood wind frame, and pano roof
This is the flat white

Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met FDD6506D-7FAA-4268-9779-63334228056B

Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met 5822E7E3-F413-4BE1-94DE-8AEA08B47421

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
If it is white you want then I would pay the money and get the Metallic - will look nicer for much longer and great in the sun!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The CW is obviously non metallic but it is also a neutral shade of white. It's not "warm" (yellowish) or "cool" (blueish) white.

CWM is a cool white and can be easily seen when next to a warm or neutral white, but on it's own it is hard to see it's "cool."
It isn't a heavy metallic either. Too much direct light or too little and it is rather hard to see the metallic flakes.

Having owned several Porsche's in CWM (and Audi's in GWM) you really need to see it next to another white in person to fully appreciate the differences. Also if you have seen or have access to an Audi in Glacier White Metallic it is the same color as Porsche CWM. "Supposedly" Porsche charges more because they do more layers of paint but I don't believe it. They charge more simply because they can.

Here are several pics to help illustrate what I mean. It's not the same as seeing it in person but you get the idea. Also the CW looks yellow in these pics next to the CWM, but it is a very neutral white so don't be turned off by it in these pics. It's a great white if you want a flat, just seeing it next to CWM makes it look more yellow/cream than it is by itself. It is very much "storm trooper" white when alone.

CW on left, CWM on right(black wheels):
Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met image_dd4b4898ca20d768b753c97a51f1e2b744612dba

Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met image_3521474763c18e897b75df6eeb7d9372e99fdbc6

My CWM 911 Targa by itself:
Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met 85b4a267-8e11-4550-9ebf-2c367ab5982c-large-

My CWM GT4 by itself on a cloudy day at the track:
Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met e2a118ac-b1cd-4172-ab80-2ef6738a672d-large-

Notice how CWM doesn't look cool or "blue" when by itself.
Hope this helps!

One more thing in the Porsche Press photos that I'm sure you've seen plenty of by now.
The Turbo S with the license plate: SGO153E is CWM
The Turbo with plate SGO147E is also CWM

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks guys
I’ve ordered the flat one but can change the spec before it gets looked into build, which I think I will
I’m hopeful that Crayon will become an option (but may not suit the car)

I loved my targa 4s I couldn’t help but smile every time I took the roof off the engineering in that was obscene

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
Exactly where I am at. I too want to see the two whites by each other but think the metallic is where I will be. Same glossy black window trim. Because I really want it to look Mission E, I am struggling a bit with waiting for the true hard top even though I know the pano will be a better buy, have more head room, lighter and brighter.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I went for the flat white and hardtop. Flat white because I wanted a light color to better show the lines. I stead of spending money on metallic white, I rather save the money to wrap the car if I find a better color of my liking. I went for the hardtop because as @Bikergal said, it's looks more like the Mission E, and I must add 911. With the glass roof it looks more like Panamera. I don't think you need the extra headroom in front if you are a normal build person and not in the back either if you drive around with kids or normal build females. I will basically be selfish and not have any passengers 99% of the times:giggle:

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve spoken to a few Porsche guys who have been lucky enough to drive the pre production models and have all said it feels small and dark without pano roof

I was going to have it anyway, but they also helped me decide on other equipment and even talked me out of adding some stuff as was told it was a waste of money
Sponsored