mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Driving through the neighborhood today and hit a brick in the middle of the road. Saw it too late to avoid it. It sounded horrible but no visible damage to any important parts - i.e. the battery plate underneath. However, there is a hole in the softer, cardboard/felt area behind the front bumper. I only drove it for another mile before getting home but there weren't any warning indications in that short drive. Any opinions on how big of a deal this is? Anyone know what's above the felt/cardboard area?
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
😬 sorry to hear that.

If there are no liquids/spillage, that's probably a good sign. There was a YT video (shared here recently) on the Munro teardown of a Taycan; you can see what's behind the shield, but note your MY may be slightly different. (Tl;dr: coolant pipes, and depending on how deep/far longitudinally, steering or suspension components. I'm inferring no front motor from your sig.)

If it drives alright/no errors and there are no leaks, then perhaps it's just fine. If you have the possibility to put it on a lift, that'd help determine what happened - single impact, or the car dragged itself over etc.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Here’s the part number for the felt board splash guard.
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeter...Support-Splash-Shield/17075657/PAD825311.html

I replaced mine when the delivery truck had tie down straps that damaged it slightly. It’s pretty trivial to replace with several torx screws and a couple 8mm hex bolts, once you get the car up.

If it sounded pretty bad and depending on your speed, it would be worth inspecting underneath the splash shield. It’s possible it just ran into a rigid crossmember but I’d want to be sure.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s the part number for the felt board splash guard.
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeter...Support-Splash-Shield/17075657/PAD825311.html

I replaced mine when the delivery truck had tie down straps that damaged it slightly. It’s pretty trivial to replace with several torx screws and a couple 8mm hex bolts, once you get the car up.

If it sounded pretty bad and depending on your speed, it would be worth inspecting underneath the splash shield. It’s possible it just ran into a rigid crossmember but I’d want to be sure.
Thanks! Good to know! I'll take a look and see if I want to tackle it.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Driving through the neighborhood today and hit a brick in the middle of the road. Saw it too late to avoid it. It sounded horrible but no visible damage to any important parts - i.e. the battery plate underneath. However, there is a hole in the softer, cardboard/felt area behind the front bumper. I only drove it for another mile before getting home but there weren't any warning indications in that short drive. Any opinions on how big of a deal this is? Anyone know what's above the felt/cardboard area?
Almost identical thing happened to me about a year ago and I replaced that piece and had to replace wheel well cover - whole job done at home after ordering the parts for a total of something like 30% of the dealer quote! Super straight forward job and yes no damage to any hard parts - have a post on it here with pics and will get link when I get a chance later.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost identical thing happened to me about a year ago and I replaced that piece and had to replace wheel well cover - whole job done at home after ordering the parts for a total of something like 30% of the dealer quote! Super straight forward job and yes no damage to any hard parts - have a post on it here with pics and will get link when I get a chance later.
Good to hear. Did you also buy a set of the jack pucks? Are they required to use a flood jack?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag