How’s this offer for a left over 2023 New GTS?

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
I plan on purchasing a GTS and this offer came up from the dealer, $25K off a new 2023 GTS with a $170K MSRP.

What do you think? Thanks
I have one, wish I had that discount! Awesome car, best handling Porsche I've owned and I have had many , even a recent Turbo S. Only complaints, hard for me to get in and out (6'5"-220)and seats is uncomfortable. All of that disappears as soon as I start driving. Get it, sounds like a good buy.
Sponsored

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GLC AMG43, 2024 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I plan on purchasing a GTS and this offer came up from the dealer, $25K off a new 2023 GTS with a $170K MSRP.

I bought a 2024 CT4 a month ago for $20,000+/- off list. Porsche was putting in most of that, dealer doing $5,000.

When I commented to the finance guy how horrible the residual was (52% Taycan on a 39/39, vs Macan 64%, same term), he replied "We can't give these EV away'.

I think for a car that is a 2023-and the new ones were just announced for 2025-you have enough leverage not to go for such a deal. If nothing else, the range is soo much better on the new one. Time is ripe for a deal on a 2023 I think.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
I got 32.5 k discount for a 2023 GTS end of last year. At this point ask for same or more...or wait for 2025 model

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag

Way overpriced, I’m trying to sell my showroom condition 2023 taycan ct 4 s with 2900 miles never seen rain , dealer offered 90k from the dealer I bought it .used car market is not much better , lucky if you get 100 k for a car that cost 153k. Unless you want to keep car for 6 plus years better to buy an ice for now. Not knock the car it is a great car but resale is as bad as a car can get for a perfect showroom condition car at this moment.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
You can't beat a brand new car over a used. I'd say since it's a GTS buy it but maybe push for a bit more discount.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

I’ll think about selling you my 23 mission E spec with full ceramic and PPF - 11k miles , perfect condition , contact me if you like

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I have one, wish I had that discount! Awesome car, best handling Porsche I've owned and I have had many , even a recent Turbo S. Only complaints, hard for me to get in and out (6'5"-220)and seats is uncomfortable. All of that disappears as soon as I start driving. Get it, sounds like a good buy.
I too have one and wish I had been able to get that discount. Also agree it is an awesome car. I only wish I felt up to driving more, chemo keeps me sick… only feel half-way good about 5 days every three weeks. But when I do get behind the wheel I’m amazed, glad I waited 16 1/2 months to take delivery and looking forward to getting it out on the road this spring.

Life is short and things change within a blink of the eye. Good luck with whichever path you take.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I too have one and wish I had been able to get that discount. Also agree it is an awesome car. I only wish I felt up to driving more, chemo keeps me sick… only feel half-way good about 5 days every three weeks. But when I do get behind the wheel I’m amazed, glad I waited 16 1/2 months to take delivery and looking forward to getting it out on the road this spring.

Life is short and things change within a blink of the eye. Good luck with whichever path you take.
Sulforaphane, broccoli sprouts, i have personally seen it do wonders throughout the years. Stay positive.

Propofoln

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
how does a GTS handle better than a Turbo S? Turbo S would have all the handling options too

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
how does a GTS handle better than a Turbo S? Turbo S would have all the handling options too
To me, it is a seat-of-the-pants feel of the car in tight challenging turns. It just seems so planted and so hard to disrupt the solid road connection. Steering is fairly solid with good feedback.

Propofoln

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
To me, it is a seat-of-the-pants feel of the car in tight challenging turns. It just seems so planted and so hard to disrupt the solid road connection. Steering is fairly solid with good feedback.
same suspension. Same car.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
You can't beat a brand new car over a used. I'd say since it's a GTS buy it but maybe push for a bit more discount.
A bit off topic here but I am going to use your comment (THANK YOU!) to make a point that I have made in multiple posts about DEPRECIATION. This is one reason why higher end cars depreciate so much in year 1----first, as you say. you can't beat a brand new car, and second, given the income levels of a high end car buyer, they can afford to pay that premium-----with the corollary being that there would have to be a substantial discount on a 'lightly used' car to motivate them to buy it vs new-----hence the levels of depreciation in years 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
A bit off topic here but I am going to use your comment (THANK YOU!) to make a point that I have made in multiple posts about DEPRECIATION. This is one reason wny higher end cars depreciate so much in year 1----first, as you say. you can't beat a brand new car, and second, given the income levels of a high end car buyer, they can afford to pay that premium-----with the corollary being that there would have to be a substantial discount on a 'lightly used' car to motivate them to buy it vs new-----hence the levels of depreciation in years 1 and 2.
Agreed. You make the choice for you. I have a 8 month old GTS and do not regret buying it. It's has the spec and colour I want. Also given there is no GTS in the Gen 2 yet makes it slight more excusive. And dare I say, it's the best vamue/performance in the Gen 1 line up.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
same suspension. Same car.
Porsche tune the GTS differently to the rest of the Taycan range. Stiffer anti-roll bars, spring rates, suspension setup (when in Sport / Sport Plus). All the tweaks and adjustments make the car feel sportier compared to other trims.
Sponsored