How do you wash and maintain the shine on your Porsche Taycan?

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How do you wash and maintain the shine on your Porsche Taycan?
Which products do you use and what steps is your procedure?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I try to stay away from brands but my car is coated and fully PPF ….the coating includes the glass and the wheels. From there, I mostly use rinseless washing but sometimes, I use a foam cannon on my pressure washer with deionized water to pre soak ahead of a RW. I decontaminate the paint and wheels roughly monthly. I always finish with a ceramic or grapheme drying aid. This is a hobby of mine so happy to go into detail.

PSUEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Country flag
I coated my car with Gyeon Pure Evo when new. Wash it with Griots Foaming Surface Wash or KochChemie Gfs. Use a Griots Foaming Sprayer and garden hose to pre-wash. Looking to get a pressure washer setup this summer. Rinse, hand wash and dry using my Ego blower. P&S Beadmaker as a topper. Clean wheels and tires with P&S Brake buster and coat wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat.

Still looking for a good leather conditioner. Have used Zaino for years, but don't like the way the leather dash looks after application.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I coated my car with Gyeon Pure Evo when new. Wash it with Griots Foaming Surface Wash or KochChemie Gfs. Use a Griots Foaming Sprayer and garden hose to pre-wash. Looking to get a pressure washer setup this summer. Rinse, hand wash and dry using my Ego blower. P&S Beadmaker as a topper. Clean wheels and tires with P&S Brake buster and coat wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat.

Still looking for a good leather conditioner. Have used Zaino for years, but don't like the way the leather dash looks after application.
Wow. How long does that take?

Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Mercedes EQB
Country flag
I had the front of my 2024 Taycan GTS wrapped in clear paint protection film and then the entire car treated with XPEL's ceramic. This is the third car I have treated this way. They have never needed waxing, just a wash and a quick spray with XPEL ceramic booster or detail spray. The shine is as good or better than any five hour carnauba treatment I ever performed.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow. How long does that take?
I do something similar - if my car is just covered with dust, then pre-wash and dry with bigboy blower. If it’s time to wash it by hands, then 2 times prewash, then hand wash one element at a time starting from top going to the bottom (the microfiber glove is use is always washed with clean water before washing a new element using a hose). After washing is done, I apply Gyeon Q²M WetCoat. Then rins again with high pressure machine and dry with the bigboy blower.

PS the car is ceramics coated
PPS it takes about 1.5h to hand wash my car

Last edited:

JasonC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love my black Taycan but washing it is a chore and just takes too long to do it right. Today I am getting a full Xpel Fusion PPF. Plan is to be able to quickly hand wash with a sponge or brush, rinse and quick air dry as the Xpel Fusion has the beading technology. a little pricey but will save a lot of time and looks amazing when done. Also, my air drying has been a quick blast down the highway just 1 mile from my house and last time got very close to being nabbed doing over 100mph. Dries the call great though ;-)

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Setup about 10 min
wheels/tires 25 min
wash car 15 min
dry/beadmaker 15 min

I enjoy cleaning and on a ceramic coated car washing is easy.
Cleaning a ceramic coating car is so easy. Not sure I will ever be able to have a car without it now.
Sponsored