Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sounds like you're taking a sensible approach. Having gone for PPF and ceramic coat, I'm a simple 2 bucket person, every 4-6 weeks or sooner if it needs it, so you won't learn anything from me 😁 . But I'm subscribing to this thread in the hope that my minimalist routine can be improved without additional effort (though I'll never bring myself to use the "d....ling" word!)
Same here! Full front PPF and ceramic coating so at the car wash I say, only water and soap please…😂
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's often quite muddy around where I live and with the British weather and frequent use, my car is forever needing cleaning.

So, I go for a frequent but quick routine. I don't give it too much thought tbh. It also varies, depending on how much time and effort I can give it.
I can do a quick wash in about 20 mins.

Generally:

Power washer / foam / mitt / rinse / wax it wet /chamois.
Wheel cleaner on alloys.

However I've just bought a leaf blower, so may try that for drying.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Go watch Larry at AMMO NYC. Then buy his products, and get equipment from Obsessed Garage.
This is the route I've gone as well, but with some Chemical Guys mitts and some Amazon-sourced accessory bits. More $$ worth of AMMO NYC product is arriving this afternoon than I care to tell my wife about. I printed and laminated the washing master guide for reference in the moment, though have the 10X videos essentially memorized already. Hoping to get the first wash in tomorrow evening.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
To avoid any marring I've switched to a less abrasive method.
The fact you have ceramic coating makes this possible. I minimize touching the paint as much as possible, that's why I don't dry it with towels or mitts.

- Foam car dry
- Rinse off
- Blow dry
- Dry wash
- P&S sealant for max shine. 2oz Dream Maker, 14oz Bead Maker

I used to do the 2 bucket method, but noticed micro marring

It takes 7 hours for exterior only

Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20230130_184644
Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20230130_184622
Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20230130_184911
Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20230130_184854
Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20230130_185243

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
The fact you have ceramic coating makes this possible. I minimize touching the paint as much as possible, that's why I don't dry it with towels or mitts.

- Foam car dry
- Rinse off
- Blow dry
- Dry wash

I used to do the 2 bucket method, but noticed micro marring

It takes 7 hours for exterior only

20230130_184644.jpg
20230130_184622.jpg
20230130_184911.jpg
20230130_184854.jpg
20230130_185243.jpg
Wait what?! You take 7 hours to clean your car each time? I mean it looks fantastic but that’s virtually an entire day.

I got my entire car PPF’d to protect not only from road debris but from the small scratches and marring that happens in parking lots when inconsiderate Aholes give two sh#@ts about damaging other cars around them. With PPF everything comes off quick and easy. I blow dry and am careful to keep distance to not effect the edges of the PPF.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait what?! You take 7 hours to clean your car each time? I mean it looks fantastic but that’s virtually an entire day.

I got my entire car PPF’d to protect not only from road debris but from the small scratches and marring that happens in parking lots when inconsiderate Aholes give two sh#@ts about damaging other cars around them. With PPF everything comes off quick and easy. I blow dry and am careful to keep distance to not effect the edges of the PPF.
I try and use PCA Concourse style which means close no dirt anywhere, including deep in the door jams.

Entire PPF is the best way by far. I have 4 rock chips on the smallest parts of the paint that were not PPFed

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

- Foam car dry
- Rinse off
- Blow dry
- Dry wash
Car looks amazing.

But what is a dry wash? Never heard of that before?

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I try and use PCA Concourse style which means close no dirt anywhere, including deep in the door jams.

Entire PPF is the best way by far. I have 4 rock chips on the smallest parts of the paint that were not PPFed
Yes and it shows. Great job! Many people have commented on how doing that detailed of a clean can be therapeutic, maybe I’ll give it a try. 😊

Of course trade off is that full PPF is very expensive ( a lot of people will say not worth it) but for me it was peace of mind. I fully realize my car may still get scratched, dinged etc but it may be less damage over time and at least in my mind I did what I could to prevent some of it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I washed my car and polished it with 303 Graphene Nano spray recommended by a friend, this is the first time I have used it and it looks great and rain runs straight off.

For the last 50+ years I have washed my car with a garden hose with car washing brush.
I dry it using a chamois leather.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car looks amazing.

But what is a dry wash? Never heard of that before?
I don't use this, nor do I endorse it, but here is an example of dry wash
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiarsr-ultimate-waterless-wash-wax-g3626-26-oz-spray

Your Ceramic Coating is going to be hydrophobic enough to wash off most of the dirt. The dirt that stays on is usually what wash mitts can drag across the paint. These are micro scratches that might be visible to the eye, but on the right lighting, its there.

It depends how much time you want to put into it. The best method is not circular motions, but use a low pile 300gsm microfiber towel folded in squares. Then wipe straight across the panel, flip the towel on each separate pass. I go through around 18 towels just for this part of the wash, around 7 500gsm towels for the sealant/shine process. The towels are not for drying the wet paint because it should be dry enough after you blow dry it.

You can see no imperfections in the paint after a 14 months of washing. Only marring I have is from the dealer touching my car when working on it. The are not allowed to wash it

Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan 20220728_095932

This is the reflection of the paint. That's how clear it is
Porsche Taycan How do you clean your Taycan IMG_4048

Last edited:
OP
OP

designbymys

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
one final thought, I'm seeing several mentions of power washers. I think these are ok in general, but it really isn't needed to wash your car, especially the Taycan. A good spray nozzle on a regular garden hose is all you really need. And using a power washer can cause damage if you're not extremely careful. The high pressure water can lift up paint if you have rock chips, can loosen the edges of PPF (highly recommend getting PPF!!), can damage trim and rubber strips and can even spray water inside, past the water seal in the windows and doors. If you have one, then use caution. If you don't have one, think about if you really need one. You have to hook it up, drain it when done (avoids internal rust issues) have an electric plug available (don't use a gas/petrol powered one - way too strong!) and you will probably still want to use the hose for misting while washing and a de-ionized final rinse. I'm sure others will disagree and there are lots of videos on Youtube showing professionals using a power washer to clean their clients cars. But they are professionals and time is critical to them and they probably use the power washer 2-3 times a day so they know how to use it safely. All I'm saying is, I have one and seldom use it to wash our cars.
I did think of this but on the K4 they have a option where you can change the pressure from low to high - and on the options they recommend for use on a car to use medium pressure.

OP
OP

designbymys

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I wash approximately weekly with two basic setups. One is a rinseless wash method and the other is a foam cannon method with buckets.

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg
Loving the setup! This is my dream setup! Excellent stuff

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
You guys arent nearly harcore enough. I first collect rainwater, purify it via reverse osmosis, then power wash it using that water, throwing away the power washer for each panel, using a fresh powerwasher reduces the chance of damage. I find car soap too harsh so I use only a lavender oil infusion I create myself. I ensure that I only use each lavender plant once, I have 10 acres of lavender to accomplish this. To dry, I employ a team of infants to gently blow on the vehicle. I also tend to reapply my ppf after every wash just in case there is yellowing about to occur. Finally, I place the vehicle in a dust proof negative pressure chamber. I do not drive the vehicle ever because I realised that outside is where dirt comes from
Sponsored