snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Four times over the past 3 years, but in two of these I curbed both right side tires. One of the doubles was caused by stupid parking on my part, but the other time I had to avoid a dump truck and my lane went from wide to narrow with a curb that stuck out at the juncture.

Thank God for tire and cosmetic wheel insurance!
Sponsored

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
3. Gloss black mission E's. Body-matched coloring.

rear left multiple times.

After the first time, my wife and I decided to wait until it was necessary to fix them.

We use our Taycan as a daily for everything, and most importantly to shuttle the little one around. The paint work will take 2-3 days and that was something we didn't want to deal with.

It sucks when I see it but most of the time I am enjoying the drive or getting pissed off at dumb drivers haha.

I have not curbed any of the right-side wheels since discovering the park assist camera. Curbed the front right 2 days after picking the car up, didn't even know the function existed.

The left side rear is another story and has to do with how parking works in our current apartment complex. It's either risk side scraping parked cars in a narrow alley or hugging the driver's side and potentially curbing the wheels there. I chose the latter.

The Porsche dealer here didn't offer the wheel and rim insurance (must be a regional thing) so we are stuck footing the eventual bill. We are not selling and will drive this car to the ground so don't care about the marks.

The car has been brilliant and reliable since day one, so I have nothing to complain about at all.

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Too many to count to be honest. Have the car for 8 months. I mostly drive in the city and in Europe that usually means narrow streets. All of my curb rashes were while doing tight turns in historic old roads where the car barely fits.

After the first incident I rushed to my tire guy to see if it could be repaired. Apparently there isn't any such service in south Portugal so would need to send the wheels to the north for a refinish... meh. Could take weeks. Not something I would like to do especially since I drive this thing every single day.

The tire guy eventually said I should stop being a sissy and just drive the damn thing instead of worrying about tiny scratches or rashes on the wheels. He's right.

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
So far ... none 🤞🏻

The way I avoid curbing is to always reverse up to a curb when parallel parking and using the side mirror cameras to check the distance from the curb to the back wheel. You can see pretty clearly how far away you are so I keep that to 2-3 inches and then crank the steering over to full lock as I'm getting close. That way if the front wheel touches the curb it will always just touch the corner of the tyre.

With a bit of practice you can park very quickly this way, even if you just want to quickly pull up to the curb when there are no other cars around. I just swing in and then point the car diagonally out from curb as I get close to it, and then reverse back maybe one car length.

I don't want to patronize anybody, but hopefully that comes in handy

OP
OP
BJCanadaMax

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
3. Gloss black mission E's. Body-matched coloring.

rear left multiple times.

After the first time, my wife and I decided to wait until it was necessary to fix them.

We use our Taycan as a daily for everything, and most importantly to shuttle the little one around. The paint work will take 2-3 days and that was something we didn't want to deal with.

It sucks when I see it but most of the time I am enjoying the drive or getting pissed off at dumb drivers haha.

I have not curbed any of the right-side wheels since discovering the park assist camera. Curbed the front right 2 days after picking the car up, didn't even know the function existed.

The left side rear is another story and has to do with how parking works in our current apartment complex. It's either risk side scraping parked cars in a narrow alley or hugging the driver's side and potentially curbing the wheels there. I chose the latter.

The Porsche dealer here didn't offer the wheel and rim insurance (must be a regional thing) so we are stuck footing the eventual bill. We are not selling and will drive this car to the ground so don't care about the marks.

The car has been brilliant and reliable since day one, so I have nothing to complain about at all.
Good one.

The park assist camera is actually ironic for me. I actually was turning it on and fiddling with it and was looking at it when i curb the fresh one. i was so focus on the front and didn't realize the rear was curbing. was exiting from this lot that i know that one day i would curb. it's a curve exit with curb. Yeah, i will wait to fix this one. My last curbs were fixed like two weeks ago. Not looking forward to not having my car for a week. Not interested in a Macan loaner anymore. So won't take a loaner this time.

OP
OP
BJCanadaMax

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
So far ... none 🤞🏻

The way I avoid curbing is to always reverse up to a curb when parallel parking and using the side mirror cameras to check the distance from the curb to the back wheel. You can see pretty clearly how far away you are so I keep that to 2-3 inches and then crank the steering over to full lock as I'm getting close. That way if the front wheel touches the curb it will always just touch the corner of the tyre.

With a bit of practice you can park very quickly this way, even if you just want to quickly pull up to the curb when there are no other cars around. I just swing in and then point the car diagonally out from curb as I get close to it, and then reverse back maybe one car length.

I don't want to patronize anybody, but hopefully that comes in handy
All mine are not from Parking. If i know that this would curb so much. I probably would have got a different car completely. I don't like any of the other rims. Unless i want to spring for $10K on Mission E on the regular taycan. But i think that the mission E rims would curb as much. If i can go back in time, i would have got a 911 and see how to deal with winter some other way.

In terms of not being a sissy. Yeah, i didn't know that you can fix the rim until i saw it on Youtube. I will just fix the fresh one when i swap for my summer tires.

to be honest, i am trying to build up a case for myself to get a 911. Too hard to justify. God, the Cross Turismo can store so much stuff. And i love partying at the rear seats. And i think that even after a night of snow, this thing can just go anytime.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
one so far, only a tiny scratch so haven't claimed on rim cover yet. Stupid bus made me reverse miles in the dark and I grazed a kerb

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
0ne in a year and made the repair while switching with my winter set.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
One and half after only 3 months of ownership. This thing is wide but agile ; this would cause to kiss curbs more frequently. Never had such issues with the 2 previous Panamera.

Anyway, I had one mission E wheel repaired. The 0.5 incident is only a tiny scratch I was able to buff out and touch-up with L8Z8 Brillant silver pen.

Steviecb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So taking out the insurance worked as intended! :CWL:
Got repaired never paid out even though it was approved by insurers . Don’t bother now just get repaired before selling to avoid taking too much off alloy resulting in replacement after too many diamond cuts .

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
Annoyingly twice. We have zero problems in daylight, but parking at night in the dark and heavy rain we get in Seattle, the side cameras just don't show enough. It'll kinda look like you're clear in what you can see, and then the grunch. Luckily we have a great wheel repair guy who is mobile and comes to the house.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am booked in for some repairs under the protection plan just after the holiday. First one was just from turning my wheels slightly too far when parking on a hill and the curb got the rim before the tire. Left rear was recent and from parking in a corner space and not noticing that part of the curb was broken and sticking out more than the rest. That just scratched off the paint finish a little and doesn't look like it harmed the metal at all.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Twice in the first 4 weeks of ownership. Argh. Have insurance too, will certainly use - probably after I’ve done it a few more times.

Tcar20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I curbed two and a third one some guy hit my rim. Fixed two under rim protection. Third one is a fresh one. Just want to hear other folks experience. I got the 21 inch designer rim.
Three in 3.5 years. Prior to Taycan, three in 30 years!

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Passenger side front is damaged, I find it difficult to judge the curb, Ive got the 21" gloss black Missions. Because the silver alloy has been exposed I bought a small bottle of Porsche gloss black alloy paint to hide the silver, definitely camouflages it until I get the wheel repaired some time.
Sponsored