How to see if the spoiler is deployed from inside the car.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sorry if this has already been posted before. I haven’t seen it and didn’t find it with a cursory search.

But I just happened to be on the vehicle settings screen today while driving and notice the spoiler on the car lit up blue.

A few tests showed that it was indicating when the spoiler was raised.

You can’t select the screen while driving (thanks Porsche…) so you have to have it up while parked.

I was only able to check it around 60-70mph, so I don’t know the extent of the indication (on/off vs actual position…?).

In any case, I thought I’d share. Pic below of the screen I’m referring to (while parked, so not lit up).

Porsche Taycan How to see if the spoiler is deployed from inside the car. 01A4C425-0E84-4CD1-B9AA-023F8A35CF0F
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When the spoiler is deployed, an icon will show up on the dash next to the car lift icon. It has a small arrow pointing up above the spoiler.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When the spoiler is deployed, an icon will show up on the dash next to the car lift icon. It has a small arrow pointing up above the spoiler.
I’ve only seen that in range mode. Have you seen it other times? I’m pretty sure I checked and that icon was not on while I saw the spoiler lit up on the center screen. But it was all very short lived as I was almost home.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve only seen that in range mode. Have you seen it other times? I’m pretty sure I checked and that icon was not on while I saw the spoiler lit up on the center screen. But it was all very short lived as I was almost home.
it only operates in range or sport +. Won't activate or regular or sport modes.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it only operates in range or sport +. Won't activate or regular or sport modes.
I’ve driven behind my wife and seen the spoiler activate in normal.

I also just went out for another drive to confirm. The icons on the dash only comes on In range for me. Not in normal or sport (again, around 60mph). The display on the center screen actives around 60mph.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No that icon will appear even if the spoiler is up for cleaning mode (which is what you described in your first post)

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No that icon will appear even if the spoiler is up for cleaning mode (which is what you described in your first post)
Lol, no, that’s not what I described. I was going 60-70mph. Kind of hard to clean it then…
I was just saying that was the screen I was on to view it.

Look, all I can tell you is that my dash icon does not turn on in normal or sport, even though the spoiler is deployed. (Verified by my eyeballs…).

And others have reported their dash icon not turning in those modes as well (questioning if their spoiler is working). So, I know it’s not just my car. See here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/rear-spoiler-not-deploying-on-taycan-4s.8039/

But…the center screen does show it. Hence the point of my post…

Maybe you should drive in normal or sport and compare the dash icon to center screen display to see if you see the same as me. No dash icon but the center screen shows spoiler deployed. 🙂

DL81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 S, GLE 450, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Geez, I had no idea that those other two indicators we're available. The only one I've seen is on the center screen, where in vehicle parameters mode for changing sport, recup, range etc, the pic of the car facing forward has a sliver of the spoiler visible. It's quite hard to see but it does indicate up or down. Coming from a 911 I was so used to just seeing it in the rearview.

Disclaimer-just be careful trying to squint and focus on a screen while going 60-70 plus on the road.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry I'm still not entirely clear on you query but this chart shows the spoiler deployment speeds in various modes.

Attached is the speed threshold at which the spoiler is deployed. Stage 1 is skipped unless you're in range mode, so you will need to reach >100mph to see it deployed in stage 2 in normal mode.

Porsche Taycan How to see if the spoiler is deployed from inside the car. taycan-spoiler

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Sorry I'm still not entirely clear on you query but this chart shows the spoiler deployment speeds in various modes.

Attached is the speed threshold at which the spoiler is deployed. Stage 1 is skipped unless you're in range mode, so you will need to reach >100mph to see it deployed in stage 2 in normal mode.
And in Sport+ it opens fully at 90km. In all modes it settles all the way down at 65km.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And in Sport+ it opens fully at 90km. In all modes it settles all the way down at 65km.
Yes looks like Sport+ is most the aggressive deployment, goes straight to stage 3 at 90 kph. I don't have sport Chrono and I'm not brave enough to try 160 kph.. yet lol

Porsche Taycan How to see if the spoiler is deployed from inside the car. 20BC6D8E-798D-44A8-BD28-CAD91BE03FB5

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Etron GT gets a spoiler button. Where is ours? :mad:
I don’t know. We had a button for it on our panamera as well. It’s probably in the PCM and just doesn’t display properly like the dash icon. 😂
Maybe it will be fixed in the upcoming (non-) OTA (non-) update.
Sponsored