How to see if the spoiler is deployed from inside the car.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I don’t know. We had a button for it on our panamera as well. It’s probably in the PCM and just doesn’t display properly like the dash icon. 😂
Maybe it will be fixed in the upcoming (non-) OTA (non-) update.
Sadly I doubt that. I talked with one of Porsche's mechanics and he said that he tried. There's an option in their PIWIS to put it up manually, but it'll still go down once you go up above and back down below 65kph. This was before the GTS launched, and he thought they'd bring a proper button for it with the launch of the GTS, but alas. Goes to show that people outside of HQ know about as much as apple store employees know about the next iPhones.

Hopefully someone can at least pry open this option via OBD or something as I'd still like to have a hey-look-at-me button for when parking. :') No idea how OBD stuff works, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
If you drive really fast in a circle and stick your head out the window you can also see.
If you have RAS, the turning radius is so tight you can see it out the front.

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I remember in the previous software this would deploy in normal- but not anymore after a software update.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I remember in the previous software this would deploy in normal- but not anymore after a software update.
Which update and how did you determine it’s not deploying?

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Which update and how did you determine it’s not deploying?
The sign on the dash doesn’t appear now in normal but when I got the car- first day I took it on the highway and the sign deployed at 60MPH

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The sign on the dash doesn’t appear now in normal but when I got the car- first day I took it on the highway and the sign deployed at 60MPH
As stated elsewhere, the icon on the dash is not always representative of the spoiler state. I would check it the way I outlined it the original post to be sure.

I’ve driven behind my Taycan multiple times (as recently as 12 days ago) and watched the spoiler deploy in normal and I know the dash icon does not come on.

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
As stated elsewhere, the icon on the dash is not always representative of the spoiler state. I would check it the way I outlined it the original post to be sure.

I’ve driven behind my Taycan multiple times (as recently as 12 days ago) and watched the spoiler deploy in normal and I know the dash icon does not come on.
Got it.
thanks for that.
I hate to see another spoilers up
Sponsored