how to turn off emergency braking while in reverse?

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
In the past if the car noticed an object behind me it would beep at me and show it in the reverse camera. I had the WNK1 update done to the car a couple of weeks ago and some setting has been activated that abruptly activates the brakes if it notices something behind me while in reverse. It will keep the brakes on an not allow the car move even though the object is not close, so it is kind of annoying.

I have gone through ever setting in the menus and deactivated everything I think might be associated with tis type of action, but I still have not turned off this behavior.

Anyone know where it is in menu settings and how to turn off this feature?

thank you in advance
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Can't recall the name - came with the advanced camera/parking/remote parking options when I configured my build (all lumped in Tech Pkg then) but includes the warnings for passenger door opening against oncoming traffic but also the automatic breaking you describe when reversing ... I'd need to go back to the car to get then feature name but not a new option related to WNK1 I don't think unless you did not have this feature before.

PS: if not a direct control setting possibly a sensitivity setting re collision warnings? If after update reset to default 'early' might that account for the changed behaviour?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In the past if the car noticed an object behind me it would beep at me and show it in the reverse camera. I had the WNK1 update done to the car a couple of weeks ago and some setting has been activated that abruptly activates the brakes if it notices something behind me while in reverse. It will keep the brakes on an not allow the car move even though the object is not close, so it is kind of annoying.

I have gone through ever setting in the menus and deactivated everything I think might be associated with tis type of action, but I still have not turned off this behavior.

Anyone know where it is in menu settings and how to turn off this feature?

thank you in advance
Under Vehicle -> Assistance -> '...' -> Assistance System Settings -> Warn and Brake Assist, take a look at both Distance and Collision as they may be set to 'Early' when Medium would do:

Porsche Taycan how to turn off emergency braking while in reverse? 1663939713905

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks for the feedback. I played with all these setting yesterday, but will try again today to see what I can work out.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Under Vehicle -> Assistance -> '...' -> Assistance System Settings -> Warn and Brake Assist, take a look at both Distance and Collision as they may be set to 'Early' when Medium would do:

1663939713905.png
which item in the configurator is this feature linked too? Or is it a standard feature on the car ?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
The quickest way is to hit the "X" on the camera screen when it pops up on your PCM. You will no longer have the camera view for the back up period but it will no longer brake or beep!

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The quickest way is to hit the "X" on the camera screen when it pops up on your PCM. You will no longer have the camera view for the back up period but it will no longer brake or beep!

Will try that one as well. Hopefully, it is that easy!

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The feature you want to turn off is called manoeuvring assist. It brakes the car when it detects the possibility of a low speed collision but I find it's waaay too sensitive.

The taycans parking sensors aim very low to allow auto parking to detect the curb, but it unfortunately creates this problem.
Sponsored