Pvande10

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I purchased a Taycan 4S about one month ago from Chandler Porsche (AZ). $150k and now a couple thousand miles on it. On my trip (104F) from Palm Springs to Phoenix my AC died. Tried everything with help from tech service at dealer. When after hours of an extremely hot drive I was told at the Chandler dealer that the pressure of the AC system is extremely high either due to faulty AC pump and or pressure regulator. Besides the fact that I dont understand something like this can fail so quickly I was even more surprised that it will take 3 weeks to get the parts to repair this. I have now been stuck in Phoenix without any loaner car for 3 days or any help from either the dealer or Porsche NA. 2 be honest I am really shocked with this complete lack of service. Just stunning. Pls be careful buying a car from Porsche cause a $150k purschase gets less service than a Honda Civic. I have purchased premium cars for 30 years. I have never received such complete lack of service or interest.
Sponsored

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I’m sorry to hear about your troubles.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
It is usually only the person who represents a brand. As you can read from the forum, most of them are very satisfied with the support. Just as I do.

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I can empathize. My 2021 Taycan (2300 miles) has been at the dealership 2.5 weeks now waiting on a new brake module. The dealership (Porsche Conshohocken) has not once proactively reached out during this time to inform me of status. I received a text from the dealership to use to communicate with the service advisor, but texts are not returned and neither are calls. I have to end up calling directly to the service department and asking someone else for a status. I get that there are supply chain issues and parts are taking longer than normal right now, but it’s the total lack of care that’s really disappointing. I’ll probably not have my car for over a month and the dealership has acted like this is just par for the course. I’ve also written to Porsche NA, as I’m not happy making Taycan level payments on a Cayenne loaner (and, I’m not an SUV guy, which makes the waiting game even worse). So far, no response from Porsche NA, but its only been a few days.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Even the best engineered cars can have components fail at low mileage. The 3 week delay for parts is unfortunately a combination of supply chain issues and buying a car built in Germany. Years ago I had a Mini Cooper and was in a small accident. It took 8 weeks to get replacement parts (head light and front bumper) from Mini. These cars aren't high enough in volume to inventory every possible replacement part here in the states.

The lack of service in inexcusable. We should expect the best of the best when it comes to service. Unfortunately with Porsche (and many of the premium brands) it varies significantly depending on the dealership. I would continue to demand better service (loaner, regular updates, whatever you need).

Is there another dealer in the area? Is this the dealer you purchased the Taycan from? I would consider trying other options.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Even the best engineered cars can have components fail at low mileage. The 3 week delay for parts is unfortunately a combination of supply chain issues and buying a car built in Germany. Years ago I had a Mini Cooper and was in a small accident. It took 8 weeks to get replacement parts (head light and front bumper) from Mini. These cars aren't high enough in volume to inventory every possible replacement part here in the states.

The lack of service in inexcusable. We should expect the best of the best when it comes to service. Unfortunately with Porsche (and many of the premium brands) it varies significantly depending on the dealership. I would continue to demand better service (loaner, regular updates, whatever you need).

Is there another dealer in the area? Is this the dealer you purchased the Taycan from? I would consider trying other options.

Best of luck.
Read his post. He purchased it from that dealer.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Porsche needs to cut back on a few more allocations if they need parts to repair new Taycans rather than make new and old customers wait for weeks for parts on their cars.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Best of luck.
Porsche NA clearly should be better about keeping spare parts stocked in North America. It doesn't seem to matter what part needs replacing, people are reporting weeks long waits.

There's nothing new to this: given a volume of cars shipped, Porsche should know what level to stock for. They are either being cheap, prioritizing shipping cars over keeping enough parts on hand, or the failure rate for the Taycan is substantially higher.

KenTO

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All this could be related to chip shortages and supply chain issues, many of my friends have delays on new cars lasting many months, not really the dealers fault but I sympathize.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Most likely not related to chip or electronic shortages since parts without electronics like windshields take several weeks to get to the US as well.
Porsche NA does not have enough parts in stock. I also agree with a previous comment that failure rate seems rather high for certain things like the cooling system.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I purchased a Taycan 4S about one month ago from Chandler Porsche (AZ). $150k and now a couple thousand miles on it. On my trip (104F) from Palm Springs to Phoenix my AC died. Tried everything with help from tech service at dealer. When after hours of an extremely hot drive I was told at the Chandler dealer that the pressure of the AC system is extremely high either due to faulty AC pump and or pressure regulator. Besides the fact that I dont understand something like this can fail so quickly I was even more surprised that it will take 3 weeks to get the parts to repair this. I have now been stuck in Phoenix without any loaner car for 3 days or any help from either the dealer or Porsche NA. 2 be honest I am really shocked with this complete lack of service. Just stunning. Pls be careful buying a car from Porsche cause a $150k purschase gets less service than a Honda Civic. I have purchased premium cars for 30 years. I have never received such complete lack of service or interest.
Lemons are lemons. Do not under any circumstances cut these guys one inch of slack simply because your car is a Porsche and you really like the car. The more pressure (legal) they are under the more responsive they will learn to be. The VW Group had a recent tussle with the US plaintiffs' bar and collected more than a few bruises in the process. If the Porsche subsidiary now needs to feel the sting of the lash in order to get its house in order, so be it.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Is the car derivable? If you live in Palm Springs pay them a visit and have the problem taken care of. Where is home? You are far from stuck. Very inconvenienced maybe.

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car is drivable. If you live in Palm Springs pay them a visit and have the problem taken care of. Where is home? You are far from stuck. Very inconvenienced maybe.
The car is not necessarily drivable with a broken A/C because it is also used for battery cooling. Overheated battery results in turtle mode.
It might also not be chargeable as reported in other threads because the battery cannot be cooled during charging.
Sponsored