If they fixed these 2 things in a software update…

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yes, issue is solely me forgetting I have to lock it so I don’t realize I didn’t lock it. Just a habit as neither my Tesla nor BMW have ever not locked after I walk away.
Why don't you simply touch the door handle... like "goodbye move"? :angel:
Sponsored

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Since buying the Taycan, I have not missed a single moment of my Tesla ownership. The warranty issues, poor paintwork, auto wipers and headlights not working, the EMMc problems and the appalling customer service. Not one moment.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Camera is hardware related, while "walk away locking" could be done with software feature on existing hardware.
And yes, I'm still missing it even it's almost a year when I got Taycan...
They can remove distortion in software. Right now they seem to have an option to retain all distortion or remove all of it. Removing all of it crops the image too much. They should have an intermediate option. It's mind boggling that they handle the distortion correction this way. It makes me think they don't have any real camera engineers.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
They can remove distortion in software. Right now they seem to have an option to retain all distortion or remove all of it. Removing all of it crops the image too much. They should have an intermediate option. It's mind boggling that they handle the distortion correction this way. It makes me think they don't have any real camera engineers.
I guess that‘s not feasible… such image manipulation requires lots of processing power (in real time), thst’s why i’m quite sure that new camera is the only option.
as i said several times, I had better rear camera on my truck, five years ago….

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I guess that‘s not feasible… such image manipulation requires lots of processing power (in real time), thst’s why i’m quite sure that new camera is the only option.
as i said several times, I had better rear camera on my truck, five years ago….
It doesn't require much computation at all. They already are doing it when you touch the image to change to the version where all distortion is removed. It's a super simple operation that is used on most cameras with any amount of distortion.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It doesn't require much computation at all. They already are doing it when you touch the image to change to the version where all distortion is removed. It's a super simple operation that is used on most cameras with any amount of distortion.
Well, then we have one more reason to say: it’s a shame that Porsche is using such a crap!

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I never had a Tesla, so I don't miss walk away locking.

Rear camera perspective could be much better though.

Reactions: B61

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Can’t wait for ex Tesla owners to post how they miss the farting feature.
Seems like so many are quick to bitch about features. We all have it made. I enjoy driving my DeLorean without all the tech. It's not necessary for all of that to get from A to B.

Enjoy the drive..... 🏁
Sponsored