Inactivated recuperation

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Hi guys please help with the following question.
I set the recuperation mode to auto. But occasionally it self inactivates and says on the dash … recuperation unavailable. But I can set it again by pressing the recuperation button.
any idea if something is wrong ?
Cheers ,
Eric
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it's normal.

Mine has always done it quite frequently.

I just assumed it's that the car wants to use the brakes for a period...... Maybe to keep the discs/pads clear?

Hopefully others can confirm.

I am sure it would flag if there was an actual issue, rather than just advising its not currently available.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I think it's normal.

Mine has always done it quite frequently.

I just assumed it's that the car wants to use the brakes for a period...... Maybe to keep the discs/pads clear?

Hopefully others can confirm.

I am sure it would flag if there was an actual issue, rather than just advising its not currently available.
That's true.
To keep them clear, dry and avoid the rust.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi guys please help with the following question.
I set the recuperation mode to auto. But occasionally it self inactivates and says on the dash … recuperation unavailable. But I can set it again by pressing the recuperation button.
any idea if something is wrong ?
Cheers ,
Eric
This is normal and is dependent on certain conditions - check the Porsche Good To Know App for details but there is a reliance on following the vehicle in front.

I tend not to use either manual or auto as the appears to regen in any case according to the power meter.

Porsche Taycan Inactivated recuperation Screenshot_20211226-080311_Porsche Good to know

OP
OP
Dr.Ericthedrill

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
This is normal and is dependent on certain conditions - check the Porsche Good To Know App for details but there is a reliance on following the vehicle in front.

I tend not to use either manual or auto as the appears to regen in any case according to the power meter.

Screenshot_20211226-080311_Porsche Good to know.jpg
Thank you guys for your help.

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
I've not found auto/adaptive recuperation disengagement to correspond with bad visibility or road conditions. It can be frustrating to use but nice when it works. My Audi e-tron's adaptive recuperation consistently works without issue compared to the Taycan's system.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've not found auto/adaptive recuperation disengagement to correspond with bad visibility or road conditions. It can be frustrating to use but nice when it works. My Audi e-tron's adaptive recuperation consistently works without issue compared to the Taycan's system.
I have calls/texts to my dealer for this exact issue….it happens virtually every time I’m in Auto Recuperation…regardless of weather, state of charge, or whether I’m in normal or sport driving mode. Something isn’t right….and I want them to fix it. I could leave recuperation on or off, but this is an option and I prefer driving in Auto…so I want them to figure it out. Seven weeks removed from delivery…550 miles on the Odometer. They‘ve already fixed the bug where my car was in Drive at a light and switched into Park on its own…
Sponsored