Innodrive System

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I have read somewhere that Innodrive works better in some countries than others. I thought this was quite a good review:
Sponsored

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I have read somewhere that Innodrive works better in some countries than others. I thought this was quite a good review:
I am really glad I have this option as I use it all the time. I find it works very well but it works best if other cars are in front of you. When it see's other cars it locks onto the road perfectly but when I am on a road with no cars in front of me it tends to drift close to the lines and sometimes will cross the line. This rarely happens but it has happened to me more than once so I wanted to call it out.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think you're confusing Innodrive (speed changes) with ALK (auto-steering.)

For me ALK doesn't have anything to do with the car in front of me, it has to do with the ability to see line markers on the lane. If they are absent or badly worn, ALK silently disengages.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I think you're confusing Innodrive (speed changes) with ALK (auto-steering.)

For me ALK doesn't have anything to do with the car in front of me, it has to do with the ability to see line markers on the lane. If they are absent or badly worn, ALK silently disengages.
Nope it’s when I use Innodrive., for me it’s not about the speed changing. It’s when I use innodrive for steering the car it works great when other cars are around but when I am on highways or back roads with no other cars it tends to drift more and sometimes will cross the painted lines. I know ALk and ACC works hand in hand with Innodrive to make it all come together. Just stating my experience.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Innodrive doesn't steer. ALK does.
Innodrive does contribute to steering. Best combo is Innodrive and ALK, but in the video I posted he can’t get the ALK option to work, so only has Innodrive plus LKA. The green lines show ALK, the green wheel is Innodrive.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Innodrive does contribute to steering. Best combo is Innodrive and ALK, but in the video I posted he can’t get the ALK option to work, so only has Innodrive plus LKA. The green lines show ALK, the green wheel is Innodrive.
You're wrong. The green lines are LKA (lane keep assist.). The green wheel is ALK.

LKA - Lane Keep Assist - Vibrations when you deviate from the lane, slight steering nudges but not auto sterring
ALK - Active Lane Keeping - Auto steering, but only if it can see the lines and it dangerously disengages when it can't, with zero warning.
Innodrive - Annoying automatic speed changes
ACC - Active Cruise Control - Distance keeping to the car ahead of you

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 7.20.16 PM.png

Look up InnoDrive in the manual - it's all about speed changes, nothing about steering.
Maybe that videos not so good…