dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Just back from my first long road trip. About 1K miles. Before we left, used FOD to get Innodrive and ALK with the free 3 month trial deal. FOD worked installing both quickly with no issues.

Took a bit to get comfortable with the "self-driving". Never fully did because of some of the interstates had very worn lane markings, but it really grew on me where the lanes were well marked.

With two exceptions where Innodrive anticipated and displayed a slowdown that I was approaching, Innodrive did not seem any different from when I drove with ACC and ALK. Anyone know if Innodrive adds anything else?

FYI Electrify America was 100% perfect with Plug and Charge. 5 successful and issue-free fast charges. RWD and standard battey got as high as 226KW charge rate.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With two exceptions where Innodrive anticipated and displayed a slowdown that I was approaching, Innodrive did not seem any different from when I drove with ACC and ALK. Anyone know if Innodrive adds anything else?
Did you check which driving aids you had enabled? (They appear briefly in "tube 1" of the instrument cluster when activating driving aids.) It is possible for a Taycan equipped with PID to only have ACC and ALK active. Here's what PID provides according to the Good to Know app:
Operating principle
Porsche InnoDrive (PID) is a driver assistance system that assists the driver when driving on well surfaced country roads and highways.
Using navigation data as well as radar and camera data, PID detects both the area directly around the vehicle and the route ahead, determines the best possible driving strategy in advance and adapts the speed accordingly.
PID can assist the driver in the following situations:
Vehicle driving ahead
If a vehicle was detected ahead, PID brakes if the vehicle is driving slower than the set desired speed and keeps the distance from the vehicle ahead constant in the preselected range. PID can continue braking until your vehicle is stationary and starts driving again automatically as soon as the vehicle in front drives off again. A detected vehicle and the fact that the vehicle has started driving again will be indicated on the instrument cluster.
In bends
Navigation data and vehicle information is used to adapt the speed to the road ahead.
Tight bends detected in advance are displayed on the instrument cluster and the speed of the vehicle is reduced in good time. The speed calculated for the bend is also indicated by the speed prediction system.
If no bend ahead warning is displayed, the speed will only be reduced slightly or will not be reduced at all. Vehicle handling in bends is also influenced by the selected drive mode.
At rotary intersections, junctions and on uphill and downhill slopes
When navigation is active or when the driver indicates in good time, PID reduces the speed before the vehicle starts to change direction. A corresponding display appears on the instrument cluster.
Information
When route guidance is active in the navigation system, PID always orients itself according to the proposed route. If route guidance is not active, it adapts to the most plausible route.
On roads with speed limits
PID uses navigation data and data from cameras (traffic sign recognition) to automatically detect the speed limit within the system limits and changes the desired speed accordingly.
Speed limits detected in advance are displayed on the instrument cluster and the speed of the vehicle is reduced in good time. Otherwise, the speed is not reduced until the vehicle is driving past the detected traffic sign.
Consideration of speed limits is active automatically when PID is activated.
At Stop and Yield signs
When approaching Stop and Yield signs, a message appears on the instrument cluster and the speed is reduced if the traffic signs are stored in the navigation data. It is up to the driver, however, to brake the vehicle to a standstill.
If the driver accidentally continues driving at a Stop sign, PID switches to passive mode and can be activated again afterwards by the driver.
If the driver continues driving at a Yield sign, PID remains active, passes the Yield sign at a reduced speed and accelerates again to the previously set speed as soon as the traffic situation allows it. The previously set speed can be resumed again immediately by pressing RESUME.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just back from my first long road trip. About 1K miles. Before we left, used FOD to get Innodrive and ALK with the free 3 month trial deal. FOD worked installing both quickly with no issues.

Took a bit to get comfortable with the "self-driving". Never fully did because of some of the interstates had very worn lane markings, but it really grew on me where the lanes were well marked.

FYI Electrify America was 100% perfect with Plug and Charge. 5 successful and issue-free fast charges. RWD and standard battey got as high as 226KW charge rate.
do you recall if when Innodrive was activated whether or not there was the little icon to show the current set speed for ACC? I just installed the Innodrive FOD and I don’t have that little icon but do when ACC is selected.

and furthermore I can’t tell if it’s doing anything special other than ACC + LKA

JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
NOTE.. the FOD. "Innodrive" is not identical to the factory optioned version..

",...The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive incl. adaptive cruise control."

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
NOTE.. the FOD. "Innodrive" is not identical to the factory optioned version..

",...The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive incl. adaptive cruise control."
thanks… yeah I did come across a thread that referenced that sentence.

i guess I’m just trying to figure out if it’s working in the first place.
Sponsored