Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
Couple of years ago I was on a search to replace my then 740d M/Sport and I wanted into something a bit more sporty yet luxurious so I considered the RS6 and the M5 Competition. Spent a weekend in each and ended up with the M5 purely on the discount I was able to get from the dealer, of the two cars the RS6 is by far the better all rounder but for that one quick lap the M5 is superior in every way, I would have loved to have owned the RS6 but with zero discount the £23k difference was too hard a price to swallow.

Would I swap a Taycan for the RS6, that really depends on what you are seeking, it will feel heavier and less nimble despite weighing less and based on my switch from the M5C to the i4M50 in real world overtaking unless you own less than the Taycan 4S the RS6 won’t feel as quick. IMO the only reason for the switch is to scratch that itch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
I picked up the RS6 last week and it's already tuned with a stage 1 93 octane tune. It's a blisteringly quick car throughout the mid range and just pulls and pulls and pulls.

It's not quicker off the line, but it's still a wonderful vehicle. Thank you to everybody that provided input on this.