dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve had a couple built S4s, a fully built hybrid turbo B9 SQ5 and a brief stint with a B8 RS5 so I hear you on that.

This particular dealership is ina very elderly part of the country and they’ve had the car on the lot for 5 months. I first reached out after the car had hit the lot and have been back and forth for a long time with them. This is the only one in this spec that has sat for more than a few weeks.

After going back and forth, I think I may keep the Taycan after all.
Very smart, don’t go back to ice
Sponsored

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Go for the RS6, if your Taycan was a GTS or faster, different story.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have a dealership about 500 miles south of me offering me an absolutely absurd number for my MY22 RWD car. They have an RS6 with about 14k on the clock and when it's all said and done I'd be out of pocket 9k for the RS6.

I'm really struggling with this because I absolutely love the Taycan. Our garage currently consists of a MY22 Cayenne Coupe and a 4 door Bronco. I was hoping somebody on here had some input about going from the Taycan to the RS6 or vice versa. Any input would be helpful because like I said, I love the Taycan but the RS6 has always been one of those bucket list cars for me.
I say go for it, pretty soon ICE cars like the RS6 won't exist... stuff like the Taycan will exist for a while. Go buy it, drive and enjoy while gas prices is not yet insane. Plus when it comes time you decide to move on, fast ICE wagons like the RS6 will be so rare in the US.... you will have no problem finding a buyer at a reasonable selling price.

Last edited:

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would argue that Taycan is not about the speed. If you want speed, you could have gotten the Plaid S or the Lucid Air. Speed is just a byproduct of this being an electric vehicle. Taycan is about the whole package. It is a very livable electric vehicle with the excellent Porsche handling as well as arguably some of the best styling as well. Taycan doesn't do one thing exceptionally well but rather does everything on a pretty good level. As a car I will commute with daily and occasionally drive long distances, I would go with Taycan over Rs6 any day of the week.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Best advice I can give: Delay the instant gratification thing and keep the Porsche. In a few years time most ICE vehicles will become depreciation machines and you can have your pick of the dinosaur litter at a very nice price — unless of course this global warming thing just turns out to be a passing fad.

ICan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have a dealership about 500 miles south of me offering me an absolutely absurd number for my MY22 RWD car. They have an RS6 with about 14k on the clock and when it's all said and done I'd be out of pocket 9k for the RS6.

I'm really struggling with this because I absolutely love the Taycan. Our garage currently consists of a MY22 Cayenne Coupe and a 4 door Bronco. I was hoping somebody on here had some input about going from the Taycan to the RS6 or vice versa. Any input would be helpful because like I said, I love the Taycan but the RS6 has always been one of those bucket list cars for me.
hi,
how much is the dealer offering you for MY22 RWD?

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Until I got my 4S I had Audis for as far back as I can remember, but now I never want to be without a Porsche in my life.
I do really miss the space and have a 4SCT due in November to help with this (although there is not much more in the CT) but as someone else has said, the RS6 is more point and shoot vs sublime Porsche handling.
The only thing that would persuade me is the noise, although not as good as the V10!

Reactions: B61

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had Audi’s since 2008, not particularly performance models although the first one a specced up 3.0L A5 with a ridiculous power to weight ratio, then 2 x Q7’s and lastly a Q8. I loved my Q8 it had a presence, good looking car, plenty of space and good performance too, went from that to my 4S, would I go back absolutely not. I thought about an RS6 between the Q8 and 4S but I just knew it would be a short lived thrill, whereas the 4S is an everyday thrill.

Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Sell your pick up truck and have both.
It's my wife's daily. She loves the Bronco, but we're selling that and getting her into a Urus by years end.

hi,
how much is the dealer offering you for MY22 RWD?
$114k on a $113,590 sticker. Car has 9k miles.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's my wife's daily. She loves the Bronco, but we're selling that and getting her into a Urus by years end.

$114k on a $113,590 sticker. Car has 9k miles.
I mean you still paid tax though… and if you sell and buy the Audi, you will be paying tax again. Is that really worth it?

OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
With the credit and a tax difference state it washes out.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Haha, trading in a Porsche to an Audi...
Are you nuts?

An RS6 is just so overrated...
Actually it's just a big motor in a rather standard wagon with some enhancements.
It's never developed as a sportscar.
If you want to know what understeer is buy an Audi RSx.
You'll regret it but hé, it's your bucket list, not mine. 😁

Last edited:

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Haha, trading in a Porsche to an Audi...
Are you nuts?

An RS6 is just so overrated...
Actually it's just a big motor in a rather standard wagon with some enhancements.
It's never developed as a sportscar.
If you want to know what understeer is buy an Audi RSx.
You'll regret it but hé, it's your bucket list, not mine. 😁
The RS6 is an excellent car with fantastic balance and does not understeer. I’m not sure you would regret the move but it’s not the future for sure. It’s an experience to drive imo
Sponsored