Interior Alarm Fix (WNB4)

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
I had security alarm issue 3-4 times in 5 months of ownership… not a big deal but dropped in my car today anyways as it had another recall pending. They’ll also be fixing some minor damages on wheel while its there.
Sponsored

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Their actually holding up my delivery at the dealer because of this…..:facepalm:

Last edited:

stonypoint

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan GTS
Country flag
Just to let you know, had the sensor replaced a couple of weeks ago on my -22 4S. Zero problems since then, so it fixed it completely for me. Had the alarm going off at least weekly before (if forgetting to disable on leaving). Seems like a good fix, happy!

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else got this today, but it looks like Porsche finally has an update for the interior alarm.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) has developed an updated interior alarm monitoring system specifically for your 2021 or 2022 Taycan. We are contacting you because this update is now available to you FREE at your Porsche Dealer. The campaign to install this software is called the WNB4 Campaign.

What is the issue?
It is possible that the main LTE antenna can interfere with the sensor for interior surveillance, which could lead to the unwarranted triggering of the vehicle alarm system.

What will Porsche do?
Your Porsche Dealer will install an updated interior surveillance sensor and re-code the rear-end electronics control unit at no charge to you.

What should you do?
Please contact your local Porsche dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle updated at NO CHARGE TO YOU, and to arrange in advance for a Porsche loaner vehicle should you require alternate transportation during the repair
Mine was done on Saturday such a relief now leaving the car.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had this done last week and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Odd, when I went in to swap to summer tyres today, I got told that my car was apparently tagged for the fix. The alarm has never triggered for me so I assumed they had already fixed it with MY22, but they changed the sensor anyway.

Makes me wonder if the sensor was just outright disabled in my car before this?

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
So got the same message also about a week ago. Scheduled car to go in at the end of this week. Hope dealer has the part and checks the schedule. Will let you know but yes have had the alarm problem more recently at least 1-2x every week or so now. Not too painful but still frustrating.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I only experienced the problem once. Got the email, scheduled service, dealer had the part, it was a quick turnaround - about 30m while I waited.

WNB4 is particularly worth doing even if you aren’t experiencing the alarm problem. Say your car is parked in a public place and that’s the one time the alarm starts going off, it might annoy somebody into vandalizing the car.

if you haven’t received the email but are wondering, contact your dealer who can check your vin for any and all applicable service campaigns.

OP
OP
yman182

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took mine in today. Dealer had the parts and was very aware of the issue. Hopefully others have the same experience.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Got the new sensor installed last week. They seemed very aware of the issue. Must have been a few unhappy owners before me ;)

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Dealer finally received the parts and we had the sensor and software installed. Alarm seems to be fixed, can't trigger it like before.
Sponsored