Interior Alarm Fix (WNB4)

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else got this today, but it looks like Porsche finally has an update for the interior alarm.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) has developed an updated interior alarm monitoring system specifically for your 2021 or 2022 Taycan. We are contacting you because this update is now available to you FREE at your Porsche Dealer. The campaign to install this software is called the WNB4 Campaign.

What is the issue?
It is possible that the main LTE antenna can interfere with the sensor for interior surveillance, which could lead to the unwarranted triggering of the vehicle alarm system.

What will Porsche do?
Your Porsche Dealer will install an updated interior surveillance sensor and re-code the rear-end electronics control unit at no charge to you.

What should you do?
Please contact your local Porsche dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle updated at NO CHARGE TO YOU, and to arrange in advance for a Porsche loaner vehicle should you require alternate transportation during the repair
Sponsored

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Yup, I just got the same email. Happy that they finally figured out the definitive issue and have a fix ready. Mine was going in already for some other issues and will now have this done too. No more random false alarms! Yea!!

OP
OP
yman182

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah. Lucky for me I only had it happened twice within the first week of getting the car. After that it has not been an issue. Hopefully this fixes the issue for people that have it occur chronically.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
This is the same as the fix some of us had already with the replacement part right? I got the letter even though they have swapped mine already.

TimW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also got the email. Hopefully the replacement sensor is in stock. Not sure why they would say in their email to contact our local dealer ASAP if it wasn’t.

OP
OP
yman182

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope so also. I am 3 weeks out from my appointment, so hopefully they will tell me if they do not have the sensor so I dont waste my time.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
My dealer has been waiting for the part, let them know I got this email today, parts still on back order

itsRandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where can one find out if they’re eligible? I haven’t received an email, but I have had the internal alarm go off a few times.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got it today. Add it to the list of things they’ll need to do when my car goes in for its two year check up. 18 months from now.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Dealer called this morning and said they got the parts, car going in Friday, will see if this fixes it

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My dealer has the part (after I enquired) but I've had zero issues with alarms so not sure I actually need it - that said probably can't hurt to get it so I scheduled mid-May (sufficiency after my ongoing customizations predicted to be done end 1st week of May). Knowing my luck installing this will induce a defective alarm!! :)
Sponsored