psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
So I picked up the Taycan on Friday and decided to top up on the way north today at the new IONITY chargers in Perth, only a week or so since they where installed. I don't have the Porsche Card so used the IONITY app at an eyewatering 67p per kwh. Plugged in for 12 mins and got from 58 to 80% but only got to 107kw on the charger. Is there a trick to getting to 200kw+ ? Do you need to pre-cool ?

Porsche Taycan IONITY - UK - Test IMG_8433

Porsche Taycan IONITY - UK - Test IMG_8429

Porsche Taycan IONITY - UK - Test IMG_8440
Porsche Taycan IONITY - UK - Test IMG_8442

OP
OP
psglas

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Taycan IONITY - UK - Test 1594507210703

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Seems expensive the recharging. Is that a 4S battery + your new motor?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
You can't get massive speeds if you start from a 50-60% state of charge. The way it works is: the lower the state of charge, the faster it can be charged.

Battery temperature is the other thing and there are two ways to improve that. Either use the Porsche intelligent navigation system to navigate to the charger or use Sport Plus mode and drive aggressively. The temp needs to be high in order to charge fast.

The only way to get the super high speeds is to start charging from like 10% charge and to pre-heat. State of charge is more important than the temp, but temp is fairly important too.

Haven't tried Ionity's yet but I got 120kw from a 150kw charger starting from like 40% SoC. Without any pre-heating. It stayed at around 100kw for a long time and then started a rapid drop down. And when it did the rapid drop down it was a good idea to stop charging, as that charger had a per minute cost :D

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Nice colour, I plan to try Ionity at Perth in the next few weeks. Will let you know how I get on

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We are having chargers fitted at our offices by E.On and one of their engineers seemed to think that the Ionity chargers are currently throttled at 150kw. I was told that they are still testing them and will increase the limit once they are happy. Not sure how true it is.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I used the Ionity at Newport Pagnell. Car was on 8% when I got there and the car got to 85% in 25 mins.
That’s fast .
What was the full cost of the top up ?
Plus what was the indicated range following charging ?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It's not appeared on my card yet funny enough but I know it's 3p per KW. Range was 233 miles.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
It's not appeared on my card yet funny enough but I know it's 3p per KW. Range was 233 miles.
WOW
3p!!! - previously stated 67p in Perth .
Better check your card !!
Happy Days .

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I think it’s written a bit strange on the Porsche pricing. I think it reads 0.3, which is 33p per kilowatt. It’s half price with the Porsche charge card ( from the original price of 67p)

OP
OP
psglas

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it’s written a bit strange on the Porsche pricing. I think it reads 0.3, which is 33p per kilowatt. It’s half price with the Porsche charge card ( from the original price of 67p)
My charge was just using the IONITY app and full price at 67p. I thought porsche was 0.3p per kW as well but it's clearly £0.30 on the Porsche charging app for the same charging station. Still cheaper than petrol but you're best charging at home at that rate.

I have Octopus Agile at home which it's sometimes -10p (MINUS 10p) when it's windy. I'll be adding some kW on those days.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Hmm my card is not charged which is stranger lol I hope they forget :D I will check but I think I read 3p somewhere as it was subsidised by Porsche for 3 years.

OP
OP
psglas

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm my card is not charged which is stranger lol I hope they forget :D I will check but I think I read 3p somewhere as it was subsidised by Porsche for 3 years.
The Porsche software and systems are so flaky, you'll probably get it free of charge. My car has been offline on Porsche Connect for days now.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Ye
yeah its 33p per KW (Price doubles after 3yrs)
Most Porsche dealers have rapid chargers now and some are free to use (at least for now)
Sponsored