UK Ionity stations

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Hi guys

I am looking to make the jump to electric cars and the Taycan would be perfect for daily use as I only make local journeys. However, I have to drive down South from Yorkshire every few months and I was originally put off as I did not like the idea of stopping for 2 hours to charge the car at 50kw chargers or for half an hour at the 150kw. This was until I found out about the 350kw Ionity chargers and there is one on my route at Milton Keynes services, this would be perfect for me as 20 minutes would be more than enough. I've also read about how Ionity should be rolling out another 40 chargers around the UK soon so there may be more along my route too.

However, I have seen numerous threads on this forum and other forums about how people have issues with the Ionity chargers i.e people will finally reach the Ionity charger and realise that most of the chargers will be out of service or some of them will only be charging at a low rate of 40kw or so. This would end up wasting lots of time and adding an extra 2 hours or so to my journey. Can I ask what other people's experiences have been?
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi guys

I am looking to make the jump to electric cars and the Taycan would be perfect for daily use as I only make local journeys. However, I have to drive down South from Yorkshire every few months and I was originally put off as I did not like the idea of stopping for 2 hours to charge the car at 50kw chargers or for half an hour at the 150kw. This was until I found out about the 350kw Ionity chargers and there is one on my route at Milton Keynes services, this would be perfect for me as 20 minutes would be more than enough. I've also read about how Ionity should be rolling out another 40 chargers around the UK soon so there may be more along my route too.

However, I have seen numerous threads on this forum and other forums about how people have issues with the Ionity chargers i.e people will finally reach the Ionity charger and realise that most of the chargers will be out of service or some of them will only be charging at a low rate of 40kw or so. This would end up wasting lots of time and adding an extra 2 hours or so to my journey. Can I ask what other people's experiences have been?
i have only used one and it worked perfectly. generally I think they are reliable and fast and importantly they have multiple chargers at each site so you are sure to get a slot.

if you can find instavolt or Ionity you should be fine

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
instavolt
Thank you for getting back to my post so quickly! Can I ask what you have found the real world range to be with your Tycan for local journeys and for motorway journeys?

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi guys

Our local Ionity charger works great and is currently still free to use. Real world range from my 4S+ is 265-290 miles.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Same range as above. The most it’s shown is 306 miles but really I expect 260+.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
That sounds great! Are both of your ranges based on the 4s with the 93kw battery? I think my mind has been made up and I will be ordering one :) I have read about how some people’s speed gets limited to 55mph whilst on the motorway in Range mode, has this ever happened to you guys? Or is it just something which happens when someone is getting very low on battery.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
The 55mph thing was me, it was weird, I could switch to normal mode and not have the speed limit but I have not seen this before. I was at around 30% which was not that low.....

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
That sounds great! Are both of your ranges based on the 4s with the 93kw battery? I think my mind has been made up and I will be ordering one :) I have read about how some people’s speed gets limited to 55mph whilst on the motorway in Range mode, has this ever happened to you guys? Or is it just something which happens when someone is getting very low on battery.
Yes bigger Performance Plus Battery.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
The 55mph thing was me, it was weird, I could switch to normal mode and not have the speed limit but I have not seen this before. I was at around 30% which was not that low.....
Ah I see! I guess I will have to see how I get on too.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Yes bigger Performance Plus Battery.
What’s the real world range people are getting with the 4S at 80% SOC and with the 21inch wheels?
Sponsored