Is using brake regen more efficient?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The recuperation starts at a certain distance, and this distance depends on the desired distance ACC(not sure if you have this) setting, which has 5 possibilities ? Maybe yours is set at the highest distance which means soonest recuperation ?
Give it a try with the ACC display active and see if you can adjust the desired distance to your liking.

I like to keep the ACC display active to predict when I need to start overtaking when a car appears on the display. Of course I am seeing the car myself too, but don't like to drive in the left lane when not necessary. (Here in the Netherlands you'll be fined when doing that, we don't have keep your lane).
I always have ACC distance to 1, which is still too much, since it does not prevent in denser traffic constantly having cars cutting in front of you and make your ACC go gaga with irritating hard breaks.

If a bus or a truck cuts in, then the ACC even doesn't break at all. You'll be dead without you doing the breaking...
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I always have ACC distance to 1, which is still too much, since it does not prevent in denser traffic constantly having cars cutting in front of you and make your ACC go gaga with irritating hard breaks.
I agree. I even asked Porsche about it, their reply was: legal obligation, distance 1 is apparently the minimum distance you need to keep between you and your predecessor. In practice the gap is too wide.
If a bus or a truck cuts in, then the ACC even doesn't break at all. You'll be dead without you doing the breaking...
Pfew, never had that happen. Then again, I am working from home for over a year now, so didn't have much rush hour traffic in my Taycan.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

regardless of whatever driver assists in use the operator of the vehicle is always obliged to be in control of the vehicle.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
ACC distance of 1 seems to pretty closely align with the 2 second rule - but there's always some prick who thinks there is plenty of room for them to get in between you and the car in front of you. This isn't a Porsche or ACC problem...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
of 1 seems to pretty closely align with the 2 second rule - but there's always some prick who thinks there is plenty of room for them
True. I am not complaining, I had exactly the same ACC in my Audi A7 2011.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...prick who thinks there is plenty of room for them to get in between you and the car in front of you. This isn't a Porsche or ACC problem...
I might be that "prick", so no problem. I only don't like it, when they squeeze in and than hit the break to start making phone calls.

The problem with the ACC is then, that the distance is way to small and it breaks hard - not the smooth driving I like...

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
ACC distance of 1 seems to pretty closely align with the 2 second rule - but there's always some prick who thinks there is plenty of room for them to get in between you and the car in front of you. This isn't a Porsche or ACC problem...
That is really annoying when a person wedges their vehicle between you and the car in front. It's really one of my most irritating pet peeves.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Have there been any comprehensive tests of ACC in various traffic conditions, here, on YouTube, or otherwise? Coming from Tesla Autopilot, this is one of my most important features. I understand it won't be as good but it would be nice to understand where the deficiencies are.
Sponsored