bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I've had a few issues now with locking the car. It's a non-Comfort Access spec where I have to press the button on the remote, and I've set the mirrors to fold in when the car is locked (amazingly not a default setting..) really so I know that the car is locked.
Every time I've had a problem it seems to be when I've opened or closed the boot (or trunk for non-UK readers).
I always use the Power button to turn off the car. I exit the car, close the door, press the boot release button on the remote and then press the button inside the boot to close it again. Since this doesn't lock the car (what happened to the two buttons in the GTK guide?) I need to press the lock button on the remote to lock the car.
And then it does nothing. I've noticed now the the dash has come back to life, so the car has switched back on again. I have to open and close the door in order to be able to lock the car.
Anyone else seen something like this?
I'm glad I have the folding mirrors set to know when the car is locked otherwise I'd have walked away and left the car unlocked so many times.
Sponsored

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
  1. Strong user name to question correlation
  2. FWIW I do have two buttons in the trunk... maybe because I have comfort access? Crazy if Porsche would make it different because of that

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
FWIW I do have two buttons in the trunk... maybe because I have comfort access? Crazy if Porsche would make it different because of that
As crazy as it seems it appears that comfort access is required to get the second button (B) to close and lock the vehicle from the boot lid.

Still researching without comfort access information. Not much available so far.

Porsche Taycan issues locking the car after opening/closing the boot/trunk 46A87FBE-5D91-40EF-B4FF-B62B4325FC76

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Weird! I have not seen this, but I it does not surprise me all that much. All of the electrical issues that people are seeing appear to be tied to sequences, practices, or combinations of user interventions that Porsche did not anticipate.

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As crazy as it seems it appears that comfort access is required to get the second button (B) to close and lock the vehicle from the boot lid.
Still researching without comfort access information. Not much available so far
WTF and more importantly WhyTF? Why go to the bother of fitting a completely separate switch unit for models with Comfort Access, having to maintain 2 part numbers, stock levels, pick lists, everything? What a waste of money!

Nice find though, thanks!

Last edited:

papaken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
We have a similar issue. When the driver turns off the car and exits and closes their door, if another door is subsequently opened and closed the car turns back on. In other words, the drivers door has to be last door to close or the car fires back up

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you’re right - opened the rear door to get something out and had the same issue again, so it’s not just the boot/trunk.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Have a different problem but similar. I have comfort access and if I have folded the mirrors manually before I lock the car from the boot button then the boot lid stops halfway on its way down... I have to pull it up and press the regular close button, close the lid and then press lock on the key fob.........electronics just isn’t Porsches thing...... :-(

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We have a similar issue. When the driver turns off the car and exits and closes their door, if another door is subsequently opened and closed the car turns back on. In other words, the drivers door has to be last door to close or the car fires back up
That does not happen to me. Every day I exit the vehicle, I close the driver's door, then I open the rear door to get my kid out. The car never turns on.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have a different problem but similar. I have comfort access and if I have folded the mirrors manually before I lock the car from the boot button then the boot lid stops halfway on its way down... I have to pull it up and press the regular close button, close the lid and then press lock on the key fob.........electronics just isn’t Porsches thing...... :-(
This happens if the key is not right next to the boot while it is closing. Are you walking away from the car while the boot is closing. It is very annoying that you have to wai next to the car till the boot is all the way down.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
This happens if the key is not right next to the boot while it is closing. Are you walking away from the car while the boot is closing. It is very annoying that you have to wai next to the car till the boot is all the way down.
for me it happens every time I have folded the mirrors manually before I lock from the boot. Does not matter if I stand right by the car or begin to walk away. The key fob always in my left pocket.........

I have auto fold on when locking the car.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I have had the issue that I hit the lock button in the trunk/boot and start walking away (not out of key range I am not that fast) and it stops halfway and does not lock. (Nothing is blocking it from closing as I know you have to manage this and move things away).

I now know to look out for it as if the mirrors do not immediately start folding when I hit the lock button, I know something is going to go wrong. I don’t manually fold the mirrors beforehand as have the box checked to do this on locking.

I was also moving stuff from one car’s trunk/boot to another. Took stuff out of Taycan and left trunk boot/open. Realized did not have key for other car so put stuff on ground. Went to get key of other car and thought might as well dump the Taycan key in the car key dropping spot at home (out of range of cars) as can lock it from the trunk/boot. Nope. Key had to be in range. Don’t really understand the logic of that. Obviously if key is in the car — that would make sense!

Could be worse. Could be the PCM. Don’t get me started on PCM. Has a life of its own on a daily basis.
Sponsored