Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
This shows ships leaving in November. This clip is from PWL. Porsche also uses other ships that are not on this list.
1637332057997.png
Is there anyway to find the schedule for the other ships?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there anyway to find the schedule for the other ships?
I have attached below two that I found. Another way is to look up vehicle carriers on arriving vessels lists for Emden port on marine tracking sites such as fleetmon.com. It is hit or miss.

Attachments

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I have a Jan 21st delivery and now TYD shows the car is at Emden Port. On vessel 12/20 to San Diego. I am really hoping there is another ship otherwise the car will be sitting there for a month!
Yes mine did the same...finished production last week and on the way to Emden also. with ship date around 1st week of Dec 2021 estimated arrival in San Diego 31 Dec 2021. Where do they get these dates tho?
My production start date was Friday. Same as you - no updates or notifications. I have read that TYD can be inconsistent and unreliable with updates. Maybe there will be a change on Monday.
TYD just puts in estimates thats what we all must remember. With my 992 it was always lagging and even after the car arrived TYD still had it in shipment from San Diego for a few weeks due to lack of updates. For such great vehicles and flawless timing to production they really need to fire the folks who do the IT link for this to the customers! Amazon.com does it so much better for example. Order a package and know when its shipped and tracking and usually arrival within a day man! What's so hard Porsche??
Just received an email from Porsche that my car has been produced (CP 8) - woohoo, 4 days early :)
Have a VIN and it shows up on the NHTSA and Free Decoder sites so seems legit.

And of course TYD has still to update despite 'Discover your Phase' on the same site also showing it as built.

Would be amazing if I can get on an earlier boat i.e. receive before end of year but suspect will still be early Jan - fingers crossed for the former :)
Yeah only other issue I am expecting is the continued port congestion on the West Coast may continued to delay shipping dates and PDI at San Diego and other ports over these holidays.
Just got an update on TYD. My car is in transit to Emden! They skipped the production steps. So TYD is not being updated regularly. Hopefully there is a ship there to load onto so I may get it
Before the end of the year.
See post above on shipping schedules. That part may be the one truly beyond our control! https://news.yahoo.com/record-number-ships-stuck-la-140205836.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Reactions: AV7

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
I have a Jan 21st delivery and now TYD shows the car is at Emden Port. On vessel 12/20 to San Diego. I am really hoping there is another ship otherwise the car will be sitting there for a month!
I have the exact same status but with delivery to Benicia on 12/22. I think I saw reference to a ship (Glovis Supreme?) that was supposed to depart on 11/20. Since our cars are at that port, I keep hoping there's room and time to load it. A delivery before 12/31 will keep it in the eligibility window for the federal tax credit.

OOPS—I am loading on unnamed vessel 12/10; into Benicia 1/7; at dealer 1/21.

Last edited:

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
Yes mine did the same...finished production last week and on the way to Emden also. with ship date around 1st week of Dec 2021 estimated arrival in San Diego 31 Dec 2021. Where do they get these dates tho?

TYD just puts in estimates thats what we all must remember. With my 992 it was always lagging and even after the car arrived TYD still had it in shipment from San Diego for a few weeks due to lack of updates. For such great vehicles and flawless timing to production they really need to fire the folks who do the IT link for this to the customers! Amazon.com does it so much better for example. Order a package and know when its shipped and tracking and usually arrival within a day man! What's so hard Porsche??

Yeah only other issue I am expecting is the continued port congestion on the West Coast may continued to delay shipping dates and PDI at San Diego and other ports over these holidays.

See post above on shipping schedules. That part may be the one truly beyond our control! https://news.yahoo.com/record-number-ships-stuck-la-140205836.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Porsches are coming in through San Diego and Benicia on the West Coast and seem to have avoided the backup at LA and Long Beach.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I have the exact same status but with delivery to Benicia on 12/22. I think I saw reference to a ship (Glovis Supreme?) that was supposed to depart on 11/20. Since our cars are at that port, I keep hoping there's room and time to load it. A delivery before 12/31 will keep it in the eligibility window for the federal tax credit.
My Taycan has been at Emden since the 15th and shows port departure on 12/10. It is probably in line behind many other models and brands.

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
My Taycan has been at Emden since the 15th and shows port departure on 12/10. It is probably in line behind many other models and brands.
Mine arrived on the 16th at Edmen and slated to ship out on the 10th of December as well. Hoping to get it before year end, but current ETA is Jan 21st.

Porsche Taycan Jan Delivery Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 4.43.58 PM

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
A delivery before 12/31 would be awesome!

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine arrived on the 16th at Edmen and slated to ship out on the 10th of December as well. Hoping to get it before year end, but current ETA is Jan 21st.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 4.43.58 PM.png
Looks like our cars will be on the same ship with yours heading to LA and mine to SD. A 2021 delivery would be great!

Porsche Taycan Jan Delivery 659142711

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Looks like our cars will be on the same ship with yours heading to LA and mine to SD. A 2021 delivery would be great!

659142711.jpg
We can only pray! I always drive to Fresno from Santa Clarita to visit my wife's family, and celebrate her birthday. So i'm hoping to get it before that day so I can take her straight to her first 400 mile round road trip haha.

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
TYD now shows my car will be on Cape Town Highway leaving on 12/10 to arrive Jacksonville on 12/31. So it doesn't look like I will get it before the end of the year. :confused:

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
TYD now shows my car will be on Cape Town Highway leaving on 12/10 to arrive Jacksonville on 12/31. So it doesn't look like I will get it before the end of the year. :confused:
Well I just went to the vessel finder site and it says the ship was is at anchor in Emden So it may still be loading. Hope my car gets on it!

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
Well I just went to the vessel finder site and it says the ship was is at anchor in Emden So it may still be loading. Hope my car gets on it!
I have the same dates as you. Coming to ATL after Jacksonville. Hopefully the ship leaves before the 12/10.
Sponsored