drjay71

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Do you miss the acceleration of the Tesla MYP? This is one of my concerns moving from a P100D to a 4S.
Not at all!

I will say I got all of that out of my system with the model Y and other previous performance cars I’ve had.

I still enjoy punching the Taycan once in a while but enjoy it much more for the handling and feeling of connectedness
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
That is great to hear. As I consider my first EV, I sometimes start thinking along the lines of "do I really want to spend this much an EV; how much better is it really". And you've reminded me again, that the Taycan is a Porsche first and foremost; the handling, ride and feel are what help set it apart.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
I ordered a RWD with a bunch of options that was supposed to be delivered in June but my dealer told me it may not be until Sept! I therefore, decided to go with an inventory RWD. It has premium package, turbo aero wheels, 2+1 seats, sport sound, and crests on the headrests. Nothing too fancy but I'm loving it!

What all did you get?
Looks stunning Jay...what are the standard steel springs like or did you upgrade to the air suspension? Im trying to finalise My order by the weekend. 4s completely out of my reach unless I lease

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Congratulations from another Jet Black Taycan owner ?

OP
OP
drjay71

drjay71

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Looks stunning Jay...what are the standard steel springs like or did you upgrade to the air suspension? Im trying to finalise My order by the weekend. 4s completely out of my reach unless I lease
I find the ride on the standard steel springs to be very smooth and not much different than the 4S and Tubro S models I have driven.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’ve got standard s steel springs ; can’t tell the difference between that an air suspension

silky smooth drive
Same, I test drove both suspensions back to back (though the air suspension test drive was in a 4S) and it felt the same. Smooth but connected. I didn’t feel the need to spend the money and it clears my rolled curb driveway just fine.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve got standard s steel springs ; can’t tell the difference between that an air suspension

silky smooth drive
Same, I test drove both suspensions back to back (though the air suspension test drive was in a 4S) and it felt the same. Smooth but connected. I didn’t feel the need to spend the money and it clears my rolled curb driveway just fine.
hmm, I had a very different experience driving them back-to-back. Air Suspension felt much smoother, the handling was tighter, and the car felt more planted to the ground.

But the steel springs were not bad. Porsche does an excellent job with suspension systems period.

TurkishTaycan

First Name
Umut Can
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Picked up my new RWD Taycan yesterday and love everything about it! What an amazing car! Coming from a Model Y performance, there is no comparison. The Taycan drives like a sports car and not a fast golf cart :p

86BC79F5-7100-4C53-8AE2-C1FF70F7855F.jpeg

8947754A-1CEC-49EB-A0E7-489BEB86642F.jpeg

B6C5DEDF-B380-4E03-A33A-6001D0160978.jpeg

C810E334-2272-48F7-BC97-B02B28445B00.jpeg
Congrats bro! Looks like a Batmobile for sure!!!

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
hmm, I had a very different experience driving them back-to-back. Air Suspension felt much smoother, the handling was tighter, and the car felt more planted to the ground.

But the steel springs were not bad. Porsche does an excellent job with suspension systems period.
I wonder if the added weight of the 4S affected my perception of the ride with air suspension vs. the RWD with steel springs. The RWD felt lighter and more agile, but with less power of course. Regardless, I'm happy with the steel springs.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wonder if the added weight of the 4S affected my perception of the ride with air suspension vs. the RWD with steel springs. The RWD felt lighter and more agile, but with less power of course. Regardless, I'm happy with the steel springs.
That’s what I thought but it turned out the RWD model had Battery Plus and 4S did not, so there was no difference.

It might also be that I had air suspension setting on Low. Either way, both were great but I felt an immediate difference on air suspension.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
You chose correctly, and look as happy as a dude can be! Congratulation from from another bat ? here overseas in the cold north, and welcome you to the black Taycan club :cool:

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Agreed. Air for me was a must.

Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Picked up my new RWD Taycan yesterday and love everything about it! What an amazing car! Coming from a Model Y performance, there is no comparison. The Taycan drives like a sports car and not a fast golf cart :p

86BC79F5-7100-4C53-8AE2-C1FF70F7855F.jpeg

8947754A-1CEC-49EB-A0E7-489BEB86642F.jpeg

B6C5DEDF-B380-4E03-A33A-6001D0160978.jpeg

C810E334-2272-48F7-BC97-B02B28445B00.jpeg