DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
Do you have the five instead of the three icons on the left now?
Or did you have five already?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Don't have my car yet (late 2022 build awaiting boat), but can someone test out the spotify integration and see how good it is? Also if Android auto wireless works reliably? Those are the two biggest things I'm looking forward to

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Not that I use it – I was all in on Apple Music anyways – but is there a Spotify option ?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Don't have my car yet (late 2022 build awaiting boat), but can someone test out the spotify integration and see how good it is? Also if Android auto wireless works reliably? Those are the two biggest things I'm looking forward to
I don't get this issue. I don't have the update but my Spotify works great. Its integrated into CarPlay. Maybe its an issue for Android users? Anyway, you'll be fine when you get your car. I listen only to Spotify and it starts up as soon as I start the car.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't get this issue. I don't have the update but my Spotify works great. Its integrated into CarPlay. Maybe its an issue for Android users? Anyway, you'll be fine when you get your car. I listen only to Spotify and it starts up as soon as I start the car.
Spotify is now offered as a native app on the PCM, as Apple Music is.

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does the PCM feel more responsive/boots up faster? And any noticeable increase with range?

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I have a March '22 build so came with Spotify from Day 1. It works well most of the time. I find that CarPlay deals with bad cell signal better than the PCM so sometimes native Spotify may not be available when CarPlay Spotify is.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
Can somebody tell me if the new update makes it possible to use the Porsche Track Precision App? I have sport chrono on the car, but no app functionality. I believe this became available on later MY’s so was hoping that this would be part of the updated features :fingerscrossed:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
what is the code I can use to ask the service people to see if I can get the update?