CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For anyone missing some of the expected features after the PCM uPdate (e.g Spotify or Android auto), I managed to “force” the install of missing components by the old trick of reboot PCM by pressing two fingers on the clock in the upper right corner.

This prompted the OTA download of several missing elements, including in my case Spotify.

@CatWithBat FYI if you haven’t managed yet for your car to get Spotify.
66729E1D-E0A5-473B-B089-E1C3F5323711.jpeg
9D8B53AD-A773-4C0F-9D98-BC54FEEA0856.jpeg
Tried the reboot trick but I can't get it to work. Even found a video @ujjtaycan4s made of the process - no dice. My car is RHD so the screen is reversed - my clock is in the top left corner instead.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Tried the reboot trick but I can't get it to work. Even found a video @ujjtaycan4s made of the process - no dice. My car is RHD so the screen is reversed - my clock is in the top left corner instead.
As a fellow "righty" the two fingers should be on the top-right of the screen – opposite side to the clock/temp display.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That did the trick - many thanks. Unfortunately, reboot did not make any difference to non-appearance of Android Auto, or Spotify being able to log in.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Car been at dealer two days for the uPdate now. I asked if everything had gone well so far this morning and got the following response:

Not really, this morning the car doesn't know he his a Taycan...
I've a mecanic on the car...

No loaner provided and I now need to travel tomorrow. :mad::mad::mad:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
What was the required time for the update to be installed at the dealership? My GTS ST has been at the dealership for two days now being updated.
I've been told 3,5 hours (Porsche norm), but in my case they spent 2,5 days.
They had to repeat some steps/procedures several times.. so I left my car on Tuesday morning, got it back Thursday afternoon.
They gave me nice Macan... but still...

jwvbeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I just got my 2021 Taycan 4s back after the big update. Everything went smooth! Car was at the dealer for 2 days, but I suspect they did the update on the 2nd day.

Just had to connect my phone again, everything else was stored.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. Got the car back yesterday after two days at the dealership. the icons on the PCM are now in color where they used to be black and white.

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
Car been at dealer two days for the uPdate now. I asked if everything had gone well so far this morning and got the following response:

Not really, this morning the car doesn't know he his a Taycan...
I've a mecanic on the car...

No loaner provided and I now need to travel tomorrow. :mad::mad::mad:
Sorry to hear about your situation.

I have had mine with Porsche Center, Helsingborg for an accident while the car was parked. Luckily not a hit and run. Nonetheless, I had to leave it for eight days for repair and paint. During this period they also have done the update of the PCM claiming it all went well.

Will pick it up on Friday morning and cross my fingers as I will continue to Gothenburg including some detours over the weekend.

Will make sure all will be set (inc My Account and Spotify) with their support before leaving.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Are we @tigerbalm the only with flickering on passenger’s screen after uPdate?
I haven't had the update yet and my passenger screen blinked on and off yesterday when showing just the "Taycan" logo and it's the first time ever. I have a 2020 model. Weird

• Sad
Reactions: B61

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Got mine done yesterday, dealer seem to work on it for 2 days with no issues.
Got a Panamera 4 wagon as a loaner for 4 days and it's a big disappointment comparing to my Taycan, glad i never had one.

The only thing I couldn't find was the 4 wheel drive torque split display - I thought that with this upgraded version its coming back after it was removed from the 22 models, am I mistaken?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car went in to fix an AC issue and they said ANA6 is available. I got a call this afternoon to say the refrigerant was low, topping it up fixed the problem and there doesn’t seem to be a leak. The ANA6 update also apparently worked without an issue.

I am picking up tomorrow morning but noticed I can’t access the car via My Porsche. The car is stuck in Privacy Mode. Anyone else experienced this and was it easily fixed?
I had AC issue TWICE. Crimped O-rings from the factory. They needed to dye the system and find them.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did see a little boost. My Base ‘22 79kwh battery shows 221 miles at 100%. Before I was seeing around 200. I’ll take it!!

39E5A4F0-8C2F-4CF4-9BD6-4DFC75AD72E9.png
Software patch to make you believe it has better range....

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The only thing I couldn't find was the 4 wheel drive torque split display - I thought that with this upgraded version its coming back after it was removed from the 22 models, am I mistaken?
It’s been removed for good, but you can find on different graphic - check Vehicle/Trip.
Sponsored